Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi TT mk1 1.8t 225 quattro wandering / surging idle - no codes

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earlier when I clamped "most" of the vacuum lines, apparently I didn't clamp the PCV line. When I clamped the PCV line, there was no surge on engine start and it immediately seems to run like normal.

The challenge I have now is the same I opened this thread for -- I can't find the right part online to replace that "Y" valve. All the parts I found look significantly more complex.

My hoses:
    https://ibb.co/bVhC7R
    https://ibb.co/cStkSR(orange fill stick in foreground is what the hard line off the "Y" connects to)
    https://ibb.co/dkcZMm
    https://ibb.co/ga93E6 (bottom left of this pic shows the stuff that's centered in the other pics)

The top end of the "Y" in the pic is a hard line that connects to the fill tube. That line seems OK as far as I can feel/tell. I believe it's the "Y" valve itself.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok .. it was off to the side in the parts diagram..

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sing.../254631/lang/e

Part 5 is apparently cancelled, and part 10 doesn't seem to show in the list on the right, but based on what I see, I assume I have to replace the whole assembly.....

Making headway.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    An FYI:

If the car was not FOD as aforementioned & for being with modification & deletes, you would of been able to use the trim values/OXS aging to determine a vacuum leak, using the functions of the OBD2 with VCDS.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at three of the aftermarket companies we deal with up here and part #5 06A103221BH is not a problem to get. Maybe have a look at World Pac down there.

Kevin

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might have missed something but I think number eight is the valve you're looking for

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivagp View Post
    I might have missed something but I think number eight is the valve you're looking for
    Yes, for the valve portion he needs 8 or 10 depending on his application.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I was double checking my diagnostic and ended up ruling out the PCV. I took it to a shop and they identified the defect as the suction pump (06A133751AA). Ordered and it should be in this week.
    Last edited by harr2969; 01-30-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I was double checking my diagnostic and ended up ruling out the PCV. I took it to a shop and they identified the defect as the suction pump (06A133751AA). Ordered and it should be in this week.
    Did you learn anything yet?
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm getting closer to learning my own pain tolerance.

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thresholds are important for pain and AECD's!