Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GTI clubsport (3 door) - Kessy retrofit (AU) chasis

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myounus View Post
    There are 2 ways. Do a search on the internet.
    Can you please elaborate more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myounus View Post
    In the UK done thieves have worked a way around KESSY to steal your car without the keys, hence there is a worldwide software change / possibly hardware coming down the line.
    Not just thieves in the UK, the manufacturers have under EU law to make available information to independent garages to allow them to repair cars - to avoid a "closed shop". This means that anyone can call themselves an independent garage and obtain all the details & equipment needed to fix a faulty KESSY system - OR to break a working KESSY system in order to steal the car...

So a secure system has been made insecure by EU law...

Post Thanks / Like
    think, is not very hard ......how you want to install new / not mach immobiliser part (ELV is one of that) and Start engine ?
    Do you really think is possible ?
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 CCS via MFSW HOT HOT HOT

4. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    think, is not very hard ......how you want to install new / not mach immobiliser part (ELV is one of that) and Start engine ?
    Do you really think is possible ?
    So itís a dead end ??!
    I bought all the stuff:-(

I am thinking :
    the ignition coil reader will be able to read my old keys , so I can start the engine , the coil reader will be connected to the cluster.
    ELV is not working alone , right??

What remains a mystery is the kessy keys , how we can program it so the proximity sensors can sense the transponder inside it!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but I can't elaborate anymore, questions on this area and GEKO are off limits. Find yourself a good locksmith. Anything is possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Not just thieves in the UK, the manufacturers have under EU law to make available information to independent garages to allow them to repair cars - to avoid a "closed shop". This means that anyone can call themselves an independent garage and obtain all the details & equipment needed to fix a faulty KESSY system - OR to break a working KESSY system in order to steal the car...

So a secure system has been made insecure by EU law...
    Are there no background checks required? And documentation to be kept for each query/transaction? In the US, it is also possible for an independent garage to get GeKo access, but they must first get qualified as a Vehicle Security Professional by an independent association (see here) and are required to keep detailed records of each security-related access.

VWAG allows this in markets where it is required by law, but refuses to grant anyone who is not a dealer or importer access in those markets where there is no such legal requirement. I'd speculate that Kuwait has no such requirement.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Are there no background checks required? And documentation to be kept for each query/transaction? In the US, it is also possible for an independent garage to get GeKo access, but they must first get qualified as a Vehicle Security Professional by an independent association (see here) and are required to keep detailed records of each security-related access.

VWAG allows this in markets where it is required by law, but refuses to grant anyone who is not a dealer or importer access in those markets where there is no such legal requirement. I'd speculate that Kuwait has no such requirement.

-Uwe-
    I need to check if such legal requirements is applied her in Kuwait

Since I am new to this forum and forums in general, can anyone tell me how I can post pictures here, I want to ask something related to the wiring diagram for kessy , I want to post a snapshot of the wiring??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sure, see: How to Post Pictures.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Uwe,
    Can any one help me reading the kessy wiring diagram , specifically those wires that end up with numbers , those are connected to what ??

https://imgur.com/a/SA7sc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Are there no background checks required?
    If there are any such checks then they have been easily circumvented by vehicle thieves in several areas of the UK.

One example can be seen in a YouTube video of an Audi B8 RS4 being "reprogrammed" using a laptop into the OBD socket (having fairly carefully broken the drivers door window) while on the owners drive at night, and then being driven away. The whole process took less than a minute, no keys required.