GTI clubsport (3 door) - Kessy retrofit (AU) chasis

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum , it’s my first post.
I bought a HeX net unlimited vin and it’s on the way.

I have a 3 door 2016 GTI clubsport.
It has ACC (front radar) , 8” discover pro with dynaudio and a lot of other options.
Unfortunately because it’s 3 door , there was no option for kessy and I want to retrofit it.
So far I bought :
Kessy module (5Q0959435B)
ELV (5Q0905861A)
Push start button (51G959839)
1 IMMO coil reader (5K0953254A)
Virgin kessy set (5G0800375B)
Contain 2 kessy keys (5G0959753BC) , 1 door cylinder and 1 glove box cylinder.
2 mk7 door handles with kessy
1 antena - center console (5K0962132B),
1 antena - back seats (5K0962132A)
1 antena -rear bumper (5Q0962131)

Do I need a new cluster?? Or anything else ?
Considering that my cluster and gateway are high line ones (you will help me once I do the auto scan before touching the car)

I bought full Kessy wiring harness for the front 2 doors , but I am still not sure if it’s for the 5 door car or the 3 door ( maybe the length of the wires will be different) also my car contains dynaudio system , I don’t know if the wires will match my setup.

For the rest of the harnesses I didn’t find anything in e-bay other than a set of full kessy wires for the Passat cc B7 , so I bought it , I think that system has the Same antennas , ELV , I am not sure about about the kessy module or the push start button !

I logged in Erwin for 1 day and pulled out all the pdf for the car (wiring diagram and a lot more)

Let consider I wired everything in the correct manner.

What I have to do using the HEX -net since its my first time using VCDS and also my vw dealer is not cooperative at all, so I want everything to be coded and if I have to visit the dealer will be only for programming the keys .

My question is if I did the correct wiring and coding and befor going to the dealer, my system should work with my old key if grap the key next to the coil reader and pushed the start button ,right??

Another question , if I did the auto scan after installation, can help me with coding and how ? Is there any reference ???

Is there any component protection related to kessy system ?? (Some part are used)

Please tell me if this can be done , I love my clubsport and I don’t want to miss up with it , also I really want kessy as my previous car was having this feature and I used to it.

Appreciate your help.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please tell me if this can be done
I would guess that it can, but I'm not sure anyone has actual experience doing it, and having a dealer who is not cooperative is not going to help.

-Uwe-

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Thank you ,
My question is , the dealer has only to program the keys am I right? , and this is doable I think , dose the dealer have to do anything else other than programming the keys??
When I mentioned that “the dealer is not cooperative “ this is based on my request from him to retrofit the kessy , but they refuse.
I don’t think this means he will not helping me with coding and programming if I need , do you think so ??

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Dealer will not program Brand new key , because Delaer receive pre-code key to your car from manufacture
And they can only order KEY designed for your car / vin
if you do retrofit kessy - key must be different and they can not order this for you

Even if you order proper Kessy key for kessy car, key will arrive precode to that kessy car , and can not be re-code

I retrofited Kessy in Golf 5/6 , but key was brand new , virgin, and we precode key
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b40w8xfera4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjOGeutDlyw
currently they is no virgin Kessy key for MQB , and not tool can precode kessy key for MBB

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Dealer will not program Brand new key , because Delaer receive pre-code key to your car from manufacture
And they can only order KEY designed for your car / vin
if you do retrofit kessy - key must be different and they can not order this for you

Even if you order proper Kessy key for kessy car, key will arrive precode to that kessy car , and can not be re-code

I retrofited Kessy in Golf 5/6 , but key was brand new , virgin, and we precode key
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b40w8xfera4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjOGeutDlyw
currently they is no virgin Kessy key for MQB , and not tool can precode kessy key for MBB

Spacewlker, thank you for the information.
The key I ordered are Virgin keys and not coded .
This the link.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/VW-Golf-7-Re...3D401452152470&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

How did you code your virgin keys??

And can you please confirm if I retrofits all the components and wiring , can I start the car with my old keys, by putting it near the coil reader??

Also is there any COmponent protection for the kessy module??

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
How did you code your virgin keys??

And can you please confirm if I retrofits all the components and wiring , can I start the car with my old keys, by putting it near the coil reader??

Also is there any COmponent protection for the kessy module??
did you read what I said ?
there is no tool which can precode MQB key
if you code all components via ODIS , you can try learn old key as Kessy key
dont know if this work ,

only ODIS is able to it

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Qassem in theory anything is possible but imho retrofitting keyless entry is a huge undertaking and riddled with plenty of potential risks. I've never personally done it but did look at it and decided against it, mainly because if you have any issue crops up at a later date then you're on your own trying to fix it. I've assisted 2 Golf 7's with KESSY and swore I would never do it again. On both cars I spent 3-4 full days with my friend.
In the UK done thieves have worked a way around KESSY to steal your car without the keys, hence there is a worldwide software change / possibly hardware coming down the line. My advice would be NOT to go ahead with it but it's entirely your decision and the community here willl help as much as they can.
BTW as Spacewalker said, the dealer won't be able to program the keys for you either. You'll need a virgin KESSY module.

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
did you read what I said ?
there is no tool which can precode MQB key
if you code all components via ODIS , you can try learn old key as Kessy key
dont know if this work ,

only ODIS is able to it

I read what you said ,
My old keys according to Etka are not kessy one (they don’t have the internal transponders)

The new virgin keys I ordered are the kessy one compatible with My car .

So if I retrofits all the components and the dealer accept to code and program the keys , they will a hope?!

Can I found ODIS , out side the dealer ?!

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Qassem in theory anything is possible but imho retrofitting keyless entry is a huge undertaking and riddled with plenty of potential risks. I've never personally done it but did look at it and decided against it, mainly because if you have any issue crops up at a later date then you're on your own trying to fix it. I've assisted 2 Golf 7's with KESSY and swore I would never do it again. On both cars I spent 3-4 full days with my friend.
In the UK done thieves have worked a way around KESSY to steal your car without the keys, hence there is a worldwide software change / possibly hardware coming down the line. My advice would be NOT to go ahead with it but it's entirely your decision and the community here willl help as much as they can.
BTW as Spacewalker said, the dealer won't be able to program the keys for you either. You'll need a virgin KESSY module.

Hi Myounus, actually you are giving me some hope, I insists to do it.

Tell me , did you succeed with the 2 golf 7,
Can you help me with the adaptations through VCDS at least ??

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
In the UK done thieves have worked a way around KESSY to steal your car without the keys, hence there is a worldwide software change / possibly hardware coming down the line.
Not just thieves in the UK, the manufacturers have under EU law to make available information to independent garages to allow them to repair cars - to avoid a "closed shop". This means that anyone can call themselves an independent garage and obtain all the details & equipment needed to fix a faulty KESSY system - OR to break a working KESSY system in order to steal the car...

So a secure system has been made insecure by EU law...

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
think, is not very hard ......how you want to install new / not mach immobiliser part (ELV is one of that) and Start engine ?
Do you really think is possible ?

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
think, is not very hard ......how you want to install new / not mach immobiliser part (ELV is one of that) and Start engine ?
Do you really think is possible ?

So it’s a dead end ??!
I bought all the stuff:-(

I am thinking :
the ignition coil reader will be able to read my old keys , so I can start the engine , the coil reader will be connected to the cluster.
ELV is not working alone , right??

What remains a mystery is the kessy keys , how we can program it so the proximity sensors can sense the transponder inside it!!

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
I'm sorry but I can't elaborate anymore, questions on this area and GEKO are off limits. Find yourself a good locksmith. Anything is possible.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not just thieves in the UK, the manufacturers have under EU law to make available information to independent garages to allow them to repair cars - to avoid a "closed shop". This means that anyone can call themselves an independent garage and obtain all the details & equipment needed to fix a faulty KESSY system - OR to break a working KESSY system in order to steal the car...

So a secure system has been made insecure by EU law...
Are there no background checks required? And documentation to be kept for each query/transaction? In the US, it is also possible for an independent garage to get GeKo access, but they must first get qualified as a Vehicle Security Professional by an independent association (see here) and are required to keep detailed records of each security-related access.

VWAG allows this in markets where it is required by law, but refuses to grant anyone who is not a dealer or importer access in those markets where there is no such legal requirement. I'd speculate that Kuwait has no such requirement.

-Uwe-

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Are there no background checks required? And documentation to be kept for each query/transaction? In the US, it is also possible for an independent garage to get GeKo access, but they must first get qualified as a Vehicle Security Professional by an independent association (see here) and are required to keep detailed records of each security-related access.

VWAG allows this in markets where it is required by law, but refuses to grant anyone who is not a dealer or importer access in those markets where there is no such legal requirement. I'd speculate that Kuwait has no such requirement.

-Uwe-

I need to check if such legal requirements is applied her in Kuwait

Since I am new to this forum and forums in general, can anyone tell me how I can post pictures here, I want to ask something related to the wiring diagram for kessy , I want to post a snapshot of the wiring??

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Are there no background checks required?
If there are any such checks then they have been easily circumvented by vehicle thieves in several areas of the UK.

One example can be seen in a YouTube video of an Audi B8 RS4 being "reprogrammed" using a laptop into the OBD socket (having fairly carefully broken the drivers door window) while on the owners drive at night, and then being driven away. The whole process took less than a minute, no keys required.

Back