Thread: Product feature requests

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Product feature requests

Hi all,

My apologies if these ideas have already been canvased I was just musing and thought I would put them to the Ross-tech team:

1. Advanced Autoscan
    Optionally scan for Advanced ID for all modules for the autoscan log
    Optionally perform an adaptation channel map for all or selected modules
    Optionally bundle scan and channel maps into an archive

2. Adaptation channel backup/restore
    A function to restore all adaptation channel values to a module from a previously created backup channel map file
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|DAB RNS|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I know it's not what you're asking above; but if you set 'Debug Level' = 2 on the Options screen, when you carry out an Auto-Scan it will create an Adp Map for each controller too.

However, some of the interesting Adp Channels are protected by a SA code. So to expand your suggestion, maybe on the Auto-Scan form have a CheckBox for Include Advanced ID (default unchecked) and another for Create Adp Map - again unchecked as default. Maybe when GVL is retrieved on those vehicles that support it, VCDS could build a TreeView of each controller where a SA could be entered against each module when the 'Create Adp Map' CheckBox is checked. Just my $0.02.

3. Likes PetrolDave, Boki Ar, golfi_vend, DV52, kamold and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already implemented a tool based on UI automation techniques to batch-create adaptation maps with having the possibility to enter a SA for each unit.
    At the moment it's german and does only read german Auto-Scans.

5. Likes Sebastian, kamold liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Optionally scan for Advanced ID for all modules for the autoscan log
    Already on the wishlist. (FS#836)

Already on the wishlist. (FS#422)

Optionally bundle scan and channel maps into an archive
    IMO this goes together with another thing on the wishlist, "VIN in Control Module Map File Name" (FS#1039). With the VIN being part of the file names, the archive request may not be as relevant anymore (and/or could be easily implemented with an external solution).

A function to restore all adaptation channel values to a module from a previously created backup channel map file
    Unlikely to happen, we discussed that years ago and even if it is the same module - a different coding or firmware version may already mess this plan up. In some cases the order in which channels are stored is relevant, I don't think a plain backup/restore could make that happen in a feasible way.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

7. Likes kamold liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make the whole backlog public with a short explanation of each feature request, and put a donation function on it (priorization by demand)

9. Likes PetrolDave, kamold, TBAx liked this post