ME7.5 HEX-V2 communication issues

nitroCZ

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126264
Hello,
I have some problems with hex-v2 and ECU ME7.5 units. Today I tried read ECU on Audi A3 and it was impossible, other units(03,08,17,...) works OK. I tested it with VCP and comm with ECU works fine. On others cars with k-line ECU I have sometimes problem with comm. synchro and must tried twice or more for proper communication. With hex-can I didn´t have this issues:confused:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Do you still have the older HEX-USB+CAN interface to use on the same PC and car type as a comparison? If so please try to run a complete Auto-Scan with each interface and post them here or send via email.

Also, can you confirm that was a (8L) A3 which uses K-line (like a Mk4 based Golf)?

Reactions: Uwe

nitroCZ

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126264
Yes, it's Audi A3 8L and other Mk4 based models. Test with hex-can and hex-v2 will be posible make next week. I send you email with some printscreens which I made yesterday

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for the screen shots. That VCDS VAG # is a mess and baud rate appears to be off. I think Eric will be in the office on Monday so I'll make sure he is aware of this.

In the meanwhile, V2 and HEX-USB+CAN scans on a similar vehicle would be excellent if you have time next week.

Best,
Dana

Reactions: Uwe

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Albert,

Although your HEX-V2 was up to date, CB 4409 is our Release version. I bumped that interface up to the Beta channel meaning the next time you check for interface updates using VCIConfig it should locate this:

CB to update from 4409 to 4411​

We would like you to try with the latest CB (4411) to make sure the results are consistent. Either way, the scans will be helpful when/if you have time.

Best,
Dana

Back