Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jetta Mark V Sportwagen/ 5 speed

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was the oil cap sucked on? A little hard to pull off?
    It should change RPM once removed because you cause an air leak removing it. Question is was it sucked on?

Does the check engine light come on when you turn key on before starting? Bulb check?

Log in to ECU go measuring blocks 032 what are the fuel trims? + or - 5% is good 10% or higher is bad.

Good Luck

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, Tunacan406 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the rpms hopped up but it wasn't really being sucked down. I don't recall if the check engine light was operating on startup. Only has 98k on it. I discussed this vacuum situation today with the dealer representing this car and he has a bill for the diaphragm only. $25.00. I'll run the vcds one more time before I commit.

I'm going back tomorrow to buy it. Comes with a solid warranty short term so if anything needs to be sorted immediately I know what to do.

Thanks!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anybody clear the codes after they fixed the PVC? If they fixed it and didn't clear the codes that would explain things.
    I don't like the diaphragm only! Never works for me whole new valve cover way to go!!!

Good Luck

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I went ahead and bought it. i called the Dealer, they want $135 to update the Firmware. They sold me two cars and I buy parts fro three now and no help.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    "They sold me two cars and I buy parts fro three now and no help."

No idea what your saying here?

I'd clear all codes and drive a 100 miles before doing update. Just to see what is really going on first?
    Save auto scan before update and post another after update firmware. So we can see the actual update.

Hope it all works out!

Good Luck

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I went ahead and bought it. i called the Dealer, they want $135 to update the Firmware. They sold me two cars and I buy parts fro three now and no help.
    You should get a written quote on that with VIN number and post it here.........

I'd argue that it's all free the aforementioned parts + labor or programming...........

Mileage: 158870km-98717miles <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PZEV! In this case it is not a POS!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...l=1#post116464

The Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) standard is more stringent than the Ultra Low Emission Vehicle and low-emission vehicle standards. All emissions-related components, including the electric-propulsion parts of hybrid electric vehicles, must be warranted for 15 years or 150,000 miles.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partia...ssions_vehicle

ECU is an AECD and an emission component..........
    (AECD Auxiliary Emission Control Device)
    NostraJackAss Has Spoken!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

10. Likes vwtech, Uwe, Tunacan406 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got off the phone with VW Service. I'm told it's not something that is done for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunacan406 View Post
    Just got off the phone with VW Service. I'm told it's not something that is done for free.
    Ask 'em to put that in writing so you can see what the EPA has to say about that?
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

13. Likes Tunacan406, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will! Just who do I advance this to? Sounds like a specific complaint.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will! Just who do I advance this to? Sounds like a specific complaint.
    Wait a minute.........lets do this right........

I want you to go the that dealer and ask for this problem with MIL VC to be diagnosed and update verified to be done + pay them if need be to do that, however, I want you to get a PO estimate on everything in writing with VIN and mileage.

Pay them for the diagnosis.........and don't have work done until you took time to check here, with a professional or think about it!

The "customer states" line on PO or invoice/estimate must state the following, in addition to VIN + miles on estimate being accurate & before you pay or authorize work and be in your hand, also pay with CC/DC for additional proof of data record with time stamps.

Please diagnose and advise why MIL is illuminated in written detail?
    Please provide and advise of copy of OBD2 printout saved before and after for readiness status and all DTC's of OBD2, in addition advise of any firmware updates and or any 15/150 warranty items & which are related or exist for EPA/NHTSA SMOG under the CAA & that are covered for warranty in addition to TPI/TSB/SVM number?
    Please advise of all safety concerns in written detail or suggested work to be performed?

No work or additional work outside the scope of diagnosis and estimate requests above are to be authorized, not over the phone/verbally & only in writing via email from this facility and approved by me or in person with additional physical documentation presented.
    My email address is Xxxxxx@Imgoingtocatchyouwithhandsincookiejar.com

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

16. Likes PetrolDave, iichel, Uwe, Tunacan406 liked this post