Uninitialized Control Module

Adam Young

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315045
I was following this information to 'Enable Release Parking Brake without putting foot on Brake' on my 2012 A6. It's a very slightly differnt process to that described in this post but quite straight forward. The stored value was "with button and brake pedal depressed" and I selected the new value from the drop-down list of "With Button". When I pressed "Do It!" I got the following message (I'd post a screen shot but can't post attachements, sorry) -

Adaptation Error

This appears to be an uninitialized control module;
valid WSC/Importer/Equipment data may be required.

Click [Yes] for VCDS to use default values of 12345/123/12345.
Click [No] for VCDS to try the values currently in the module.
Click [Cancel] to go back and manually edit the values.

Needless to say I cancelled out without saving any changes. Did I do something wrong and if not, what option should I have chosen to save my change to enable the parking brake to be released without having to press the brake pedal at the same time?

Many thanks

Adam

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Split from a different thread, where the topic was a D4 A8.

This message:

adp-uninit.png

Is documented at the bottom of the Adaptation Page in the VCDS manual.

If an uninitialized control module warning appears, this means that one or more of the WorkShop Code, Importer, or Equipment numbers are all zeros. Since some modules will not allow you to Save Adaptation values unless non-zero numbers are in any or all of those fields, VCDS shows you this error when it thinks this might be the case.. In most cases you should click [Yes] to allow VCDS to enter 12345/123/12345 in those fields. If you click [No] then VCDS will try using the values currently stored in the module even if they are all zeros. If you click [Cancel] then VCDS will allow you to manually type in values for each of those fields.

-Uwe-

Adam Young

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315045
Thank you Ewe, I need to go and re-read the manual! I appreciate your assistance.

Back