Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "No ROD file found"

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Long story short, Uwe has already pointed towards the culprit. The part number being off is part of the problem, this specific ASAM ID is not present in the VW37 platform and the Component ID doesn't match the part number (3G0-035-021-* should be MU-H-TND-EU, while MU-H-LND-EU should be 3G0-035-022-*) which begs the question what the heck did you purchase there?! I certainly would not want to have that in my car for several reasons, especially not if I ever plan to take the car to a dealer or resell it - ever.

As Uwe indicated, we could add a workaround - though with this totally self induced situation I am tempted to reject that approach due to legal concerns. I will however leave the final decision to Uwe, once I got the go ahead - it gets taken care of.
    Hi,

I purchased the retrofit kit from VagTec UK, for which they've provided a component protection removed (modified) MIB2 Discover Nav Pro unit (brain and display).

I'd imagine the modified software is what's playing havoc here, but I'll give them a bell and ask what's going on. They've got a decent reputation from what I can see, so am not sure what's happened here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the legal implications of a component protection removal, from what I see the issues we are having here are NOT related. Some data indicated that this may have been an Audi unit that was re-programmed with some but not all VW information - due to the (in my opinion) Frankenstein way of programming, VCDS cannot make any sense of the data at hand (and nor would the factory tool).

Anyway, workaround implemented - will be part of the next data version/update.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

3. Likes IWMTom liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the legal implications of a component protection removal, from what I see the issues we are having here are NOT related. Some data indicated that this may have been an Audi unit that was re-programmed with some but not all VW information - due to the (in my opinion) Frankenstein way of programming, VCDS cannot make any sense of the data at hand (and nor would the factory tool).

I don't disagree with you, this certainly does seem a really obscure issue - I've spoken to someone at VagTec and he doesn't seem to know what the problem is either - I believe VagTec UK just buy the stock in from the Poland main company as they're just a franchisee, so I don't think they know too much about what goes down in terms of unit modification.

Thanks for your hard work guys, you really do some good stuff! Any idea when the next update will be pushed?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Do you have any idea when the next update will appear?