Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VCP product and forum sued by VW AG Germany, they call for donations for legal fees

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciamardo View Post
    OT : Why not set a expired time limit for using the HEX-USB+CAN with VCDS software? for example you can set the 1 january 2019 is time limit to use this cable and from 2018 every update the vcds informs you that you need to change the cable!! i think 1 year and more than enough
    Because I don't think it's fair to customers with genuine HEX+CAN interfaces who do not yet own (or work on) cars that still work just fine with those interfaces.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ .........and the continuing support that RT generously provides for these "older model" cables also underpins the sale of 2nd hand tools to other folk that perhaps are not willing, or cannot afford a HEX V2.

An operational 2nd hand HEX-USB cable is a good entry level tool for first time explorers who are venturing into the magical jungle of diagnostic CAN networks. Plus, the trade of these tools often finances the purchase of new HEX series cables - so RT benefits too!

It's win-win for everyone (I reckon)!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13