Beta 17.12.0 didn't work for me?

voxmagna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148985
I had an earlier version 14.10.2 working fine on my VW Tdi. Installed 17.8.1 and that worked fine to. Then tried beta 17.12.0 . It read all the modules except the engine module. I just got a loading message top left corner that carried on to infinity until I aborted the app.? I've now gone back to 17.8.1

I'm using Hex CAN V2, is that the problem?

Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can't think of any reason why Beta 17.12.0 would fail on just one module that previous versions with with using the same interface.

Have you got a scan of this vehicle from a working version that you can post?

-Uwe-

voxmagna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148985
Will do when I'm sober (merry xmas to all!) although I can't scan the engine module with the beta as I explained. Thanks

voxmagna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148985
I just repeated a scan on the engine module. It starts with loading ASAM data and keeps loading ... and loading. If I wait for 45 seconds to a minute vcds will eventually carry on - but this is a lot longer than the present non-beta version and that time will be added to the total time to complete an auto scan of all modules.

I'm not allowed to post a file (screen grab jpeg) but this is the data on the Engine module screen:

vcds Beta 17.12.0: 01 Engine, open controller (03L-906-018-CFF.CLB)
VAG No. 03L 906 018 BR
Component: R4 2.0l TDI H24 9977
Long Coding
Shop# Imp: 210 WSC 23041
Geraet: 00000

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I'm not allowed to post a file (screen grab jpeg)
That's not how to post scan data - you copy and paste the .txt scan log file, and wrap it inside CODE tags (include the word CODE inside square brackets [ & ]).

voxmagna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148985
Thanks, it was a JPEG graphic image of the vcds window showing the status of loading, because I wanted to show what the loading status was doing. There was no text file of the scanned engine data because vcds beta didn't get any further. I don't get the very long loading delays with the normal version so I will stick with that. Thanks

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Thanks, it was a JPEG graphic image of the vcds window showing the status of loading, because I wanted to show what the loading status was doing. There was no text file of the scanned engine data because vcds beta didn't get any further. I don't get the very long loading delays with the normal version so I will stick with that. Thanks
To post an image you need to upload the image onto a hosting site, such as imgur (not photobucket as they don't support hosting onto third websites any more), and then use theInsert Image link.

Back