Disable headlight washersystem Transporter T5 2013

Kimste

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=264855
Hi! As the topic says.
Is it possible to disable the headlight washersystem on my 2013 Transporter t5?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Hi! As the topic says.

Thank you!

Anything is theoretically possible! Can you please post an autoscan. Are you looking at permanently disabling the system or temporarily?

Golf R

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=167280
Hi! As the topic says.

Thank you!
Not sure if this is possible on VW's, but on the Audi what I did instead of disable the washers completely - which can be useful in heavy snow or salty\muddy conditions - was to increase the delay before they operate from 0.5secs to 2.5secs, which is ample time to wash the screen in bursts when necessary. But I supposed the same timer adjustment can be set to something ridiculous, maybe 10-15 seconds, and they'll practically never operate - nobody uses their screen washer for that long surely.

The timer is adjusted in either the Central Electrics or Convenience modules (on my Audi) in the "long coding helper"! I really can't remember which, as I made the adjustment around 4 years ago and haven't messed with it since.

HtH.

EDIT: just remembered, I would have failed the MOT last year because the tester didn't think the headlight washers worked (even though I told him they were on a delay)! I had to demonstrate they did before he passed it. So in the UK at least - they're a necessity on HID headlights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe
Back