Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Touareg 7L no response from Key

Post Thanks / Like
    I know used can't be matched with traditional tools and this page has never contained a procedure:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...edit&redlink=1

.. so I'm not entirely sure if it could be matched with VCDS. If you can manage to match it with VCDS the PIN would be required at the least. If it starts and runs at this time you may want to have the new column matched at the dealer.

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for responding just found out through carfax that the steering column was replaced on 02/08/2017 at a vw dealer. so im kind of thinking n360 is not the issue. also all three keys that belong to the car where on one ring. its happens once every two weeks. from my testing i see their is voltage drop of 1.0 volt on pin 1 of n360. on n360 connector disconnected pin #1 has 10.9 volts,pin 2 and 3 have zero volts with key off. when turning key on the only thing that changes is pin 2 briefly spikes to 4.something volts. key off n360 connected pin 1 still 10.9 volts, pins 2 and 3 zero volts. when key is turned to on position pin 1 drops to 10.1volts, pin 2 briefly spikes to 11 volts and pin three briefly spikes to .35 volts. let me know what else i can test. thanks for looking
    Last edited by ivagp; 02-23-2018 at 07:20 PM.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is status of kessy internally for water Ingres?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Dana, Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    /\ thanks for responding have not pulled kessy, i'm sure you are aware the location is under the dash do they suffer from water leaks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh why yes they do sir..... Inspect internals
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    /\ first thing Monday

10. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok back on this again, have not taken kessy out yet. their is a tsb with not much info "97 09 02 May 12, 2009 2020310". pulled harnes out from A pilar, have found three splices brown/ red, black and a much thicker black that has four wires spliced together. from the tsb pic it looks like the wire should be pink? just want to check this wire before i pull the Kessy. also dose anyone know what if any codes this will set or if my condition apply?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are your batteries OK? Just askin.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 month old agm 49, tested 100% state of health and state of charge. it seems 00288 has many definitions, the def on mine is impauseble signal. the few posts that i found from owners on club touareg is they had replaced the n360 but still had issues every 2 months or so, eventually they replaced the kessy and their troubles went away. still looking to see if anyone knows the wire color on that tsb "97 09 02 May 12, 2009 2020310" ?

Post Thanks / Like
    still looking to see if anyone knows the wire color on that tsb "97 09 02 May 12, 2009 2020310" ?
    WD ????????????????
    Above Magic!