Update to CB 4409 failed - dead HEX-NET

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
Today I plugged my HEX-NET into my computer and ran the VCIconfig program, checked for updates and it started updating.
It downloaded the latest update and for almost 45 minutes it said "transferring". At the bottom of the screen I watched the percent done slowly climb to 20% and then drop back down to 0 and start transferring again. It did this over and over and over again, it never made it to 21%. Finally the VCIconfig program locked up (Windows said it was not responding).
Now when I plug the HEX-NET into the computer the LED blinks green about 4 or 5 times and then starts blinking red.
When I try to run VCIconfig again it says: "Unable to read versions. If the interface is on and not in use, try rebooting it".
If I tell it to check for updates (again) - it now want both the CB and the DS , it downloads the updates but again stops and restarts at 20% over and over.

After rebooting the interface and rebooting the computer, it once made it to about 60% done with the transfer (I had high hopes), but then it dropped back to zero again and after that it was back to the same 20% quit, and start over.

I have run out of things to try, and any suggestions will be welcome. It appears that I now have a dead HEX-NET interface.

Don

P.S. I do not know if it matters but I upgraded to 17.8.1 just before trying the HEX-NET update.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Leave it powered off overnight. Try it again in the morning. If you can't get it updated, call us on Monday for an RMA; I'm confident we can beat it into submission here.

-Uwe-

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
Leave it powered off overnight. Try it again in the morning. If you can't get it updated, call us on Monday for an RMA; I'm confident we can beat it into submission here.

-Uwe-

I do not understand why, but this worked! Update worked quickly and without a hitch. HEX-NET now up to date.

Thanks again

Don

Reactions: Uwe
Back