Bose sound parameters

Curtin88

Reaction score
Hello, firstly thank you to Mike west at Gendan ltd for his referral to this forum.
I am the owner of a 2012 Audi A7 3.0tdi sline.
I have purchased a 2018 nav update from audiupdates.com
I received a link on instructing me how to carry out the update using the SD cards supplied.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-hm4J864FJKb0ZFQktGQTVsbHNlQ3BybkJSTUtQSzVmV3NR/view
In the guide it notes that if Bose is fitted ( which it is) it will need the parameters reset after the firmware/maps have been updated.
My question is , can Vcds perform this parameter reset?
I own both my A7 and the wife’s A1 and looking into purchasing the 3 vin Vcds. However my knowledge of its potential is lacking just now.

Thanks for any insight, Matt

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
If the unit needs re-parametrization then VCDS cannot do it. You need ODIS or Vag-Can Professional for it. Or take the car to the dealer for software update.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Just do the update and go to dealer afterwards.

Curtin88

Reaction score
That’s disappointing, I’ve heard the vcp is claimed to be better than Vcds, although it doesn’t work with Windows 10. Going to a dealer an option but concerned at the price they will charge.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
^ Who says that? I have Win10 on my diagnosis laptop and VCP works just fine.

And I wouldn't say that. VCDS is a very good tool for doing coding and adaptations and checking DTCs. But VCP is better for MQB platform cars in some cases. For example it has much better textual coding of some of the modules. And it can do parametrization and flashing of modules.
But it also requires a LOT more studying how to do things because with VCP you can really mess your modules so badly that only way would be to replace them completely.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
New VCDS interfaces also allow "Experimental coding" which is the same as VCP .txt coding from ASAM dataset.

Andy_sim

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=15057
I have the same issues.
It does offer the user defined update,( end pages) where you can update only the modules required, however like you, I would like to update the Bose for the supposed sound improvement.
I do wonder just how much of a sound improvement it will be, so I think I will update the +unit minus the Bose.
Perhaps a solution will come up in due course.

Good luck.

Andy

Back