v10 tdi bwf

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
having a hard time bleeding after changing upper radiator hose. i dont hear the heater pump coming on. is their a way to activate the pump with vcds

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
having a hard time bleeding after changing upper radiator hose. i dont hear the heater pump coming on. is their a way to activate the pump with vcds
Try the Output Tests on 01-Engine, one of the tests will usually spin the aux water pump(s) for a little while. If the ECU only supports sequential output tests, you may have to step through some unrelated tests to get to it. If you need to do it multiple times, you may have to actually start the engine in-between, as the Engine output tests often refuse to run more than once between engine starts.

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
thanks again Jason had no joy in 01 was able to do the output test but could not hear the pump or see coolant circulate. then i went to hvac and did the output test and i was able to hear an air burp. got the air out thanks again

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
thanks again Jason had no joy in 01 was able to do the output test but could not hear the pump or see coolant circulate. then i went to hvac and did the output test and i was able to hear an air burp. got the air out thanks again
Ah yes, should have thought of that. On the more complicated engines like the V10 TDI, some of the electric coolant pumps may be operated by 08-HVAC or 18-Aux Heater. Glad you're sorted.

Back