Thread: Oil Service reminder reset (genuine or generic cable required?)

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Oil Service reminder reset (genuine or generic cable required?)

Hi All

I have an Audi TTS (2013 facelift model), and would like to reset the oil service due reminder (as I have done my own oil change).
    The procedure requires it to be done via VCDS, being a later model.

I'm just wondering whilst I consider ordering a new genuine cable, if this procedure can be done with a generic cable through VCDS Lite, or does it require a fully VIN registered cable?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    VCDS-Lite won't work. It can only communicate via K-Lines, and a 2013 TT requires all communications directly via CAN bus.

A 3-VIN HEX-V2 is the most cost-effective option.

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to Pre-Sales Support.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    VCDS-Lite won't work. It can only communicate via K-Lines, and a 2013 TT requires all communications directly via CAN bus.

A 3-VIN HEX-V2 is the most cost-effective option.

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to Pre-Sales Support.
    Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

I'll invest in the official cable, as it's something I have thought about doing for some time for when situations like this occur. Cheaper than a visit to a garage everytime!
    It is a bit of a dilemma for me, as being a complete novice I'll be tempted to investigate other possibilities within the software, which would be very risky.
    I guess if I have any future queries, this forum has a good knowledge base for settings and procedures before I start fiddling......

I have in the past have someone enable the hill hold assist through VCDS (something Audi insisted could not be done outside of the factory or even at their workshops)
    Works a treat!

4. Likes Uwe liked this post