Adaptation map improvement

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Hi all, Hi Ross-Tech,

I deal a lot with adaptation maps and there is one thing that bothers me somehow:

When you create an adaptation map and there is some login missing that covers for example 20 channels, then these 20 channels are completely not present in the output CSV because their value cannot be read.

This does not make sense to me somehow :)
Why not including really all available channels and if there is no access because of the lack of a specific login you use a specific string to mark them.
The actual value could be something like "NO ACCESS".

I'd see this as a much better way of analysing adpmaps because you never know if channel XYZ is missing because it is REALLY not present or a login is missing.

This suggestions of course only applies to UDS units.

What do you think? :)

Best Regards from Germany,
hadez16

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
I agree, if it is possible.

But do you know you can see in the first line of the log, if SA was used ?

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
I never noticed that, thanks.
Anyway it is some kind of a fight against the unknown :) if no SA was used, then you never know if channels are missing due to a missing login.
Actually information is missing after creating an adpmap because the dropdown has them all and channels are dropped only because they cannot be accessed.

The quality of information would be higher when you know that the channel exists, but cannot be accessed in this session.

Back