Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 99 A4 - Fresh Air Blower Not Working

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, except many of the cars posted I do not own that specific manual, and might be addressed in the ones on my Jetta, but then again I might use information that would not be accurate for said models.

ON the later V configuration I have nothing to go on. Just trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.

Larimore.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Manton View Post
    No problem, except many of the cars posted I do not own that specific manual, and might be addressed in the ones on my Jetta, but then again I might use information that would not be accurate for said models.

ON the later V configuration I have nothing to go on. Just trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.

Larimore.
    I was looking for info on current draw for a vehicle blower motor. Found a post by someone with a newer (early 2000's?) Jetta. On the highest speed with recirc going, that motor was drawing pretty close to 19 amps and runs on a circuit with a 25 amp fuse. Seems to be pretty close to what I'm seeing.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    NO...........heat through the resistor block dissipates to rid the energy burned but the load increases at lower speeds and is why when a resistor block fails, it was due to not enough cooling of air over the fins/heat sink, further to maintain the function bridge of the resistor essentially blows like a fuse and you loose lower fan speeds.

FYI blower motor resistors traditionally fail on a high degree of humidity set on a low fan speed and usually being a very hot day where AC was required.
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Up here, we were lucky enough to have the blower fail right when it's getting cold and a working defroster is key. Probably because we're in the north

Anyhow, always good to revisit some of the physics they tried to learn me with back on college.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Up here, we were lucky enough to have the blower fail right when it's getting cold and a working defroster is key. Probably because we're in the north

Anyhow, always good to revisit some of the physics they tried to learn me with back on college.
    Physics .............ah a bunch of laws made up to restrict someone to an isolated box!
    However these laws are meant & should be circumvented legally or when within a realm of a creative thought process in the spirit of helping humanity, not a profit point!

I consider them like moral values, but don't always live by them & if I think they are wrong..........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........