Thread: Scan without ignition

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Scan without ignition

Hey, im thinking of buying a vcds tool since my car stopped working.
    The question i have before are: Is it possible to run an auto-scan on a Passat B6 2010 without ignition, or any way to bypass it through wiring? Both keys are completely dead at the switch...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    No, you can't run a scan if you can't switch on the ignition. Of both keys are dead, then something more serious is wrong. For most models there are ways to activate the ignition/terminal 15 via an emergency procedure (activating hazard warning flashers, push the brake pedal for a while or in some cases switch on the lights), after that one gets minimal access to certain vehicle systems in order to diagnose situations like this where keys aren't recognized.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

3. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thanks for the fast answer. Is there any indications that the ignition gets any power from that procedure?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    No, the cluster doesn't wake-up or give you any obvious indication that terminal 15 (ignition switched power) is on but it would allow you to communicate with the modules in the car to obtain fault codes and match replacement Immo components.

You may just have a terminal 15 relay issue rather than an an actual Immo problem but I do want to let you know Key and the ESCL replacements are supported only IF you can get the PIN:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...C)_Immobilizer

6. Likes Sebastian, Uwe liked this post