Adaptive Light Defect - Fault Code 02626

Farmboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304604
I have looked online and found information on this. I am tracking to needing to take the right (passenger) headlight assembly out, open the back, and look for bad wiring. Just want to confirm that this is the correct next step. Any additional advice or thoughts on potential problems and in what sequence should I start eliminating problems? Lights work, set on auto and turn on when dark enough and off when light enough. Thanks for the assistance. And yes, these replacement light assemblies are reeeaaalllyyy expensive.

Address 55: Headlight Range Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 357 HW: 4L0 907 357
Component: AFS 1 H01 0040
Revision: 00000001 Serial number:
Coding: 0000016
Shop #: WSC 02325 785 00200
VCID: 699A5B61409CAB0E3D-803C

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4F0 941 329 D
Component: AFS-Modul links H01 0010

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 4F0 941 329 D
Component: AFS-Modul rechtsH01 0010

1 Fault Found:
02626 - Dynamic Cornering Light Motor; Right (V319)
010 - Open or Short to Plus
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01001010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 252
Mileage: 123251 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.10.30
Time: 08:05:50

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Have you verified wiring between the module and the headlamp assembly?

-Uwe-

Farmboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304604
I have not done so. Sorry for the basic question, but what module and where is said module?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have not done so. Sorry for the basic question, but what module and where is said module?
The "55: Headlight Range" module that has the fault.

I don't know where it is. If you're going to pursue this yourself, I would suggest investing $35 in a one-day subscription to erWin, then downloading (or printing to PDF) everything available for your car. Then you'll have component locations, wiring diagrams, etc, etc.

-Uwe-

Farmboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304604
Uwe, is the first place to look with the range control module? or why would it not be the headlight control module? or the motor in the headlight assembly? a little stumped here so I apologize for the additional questions.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
1 Fault Found:
02626 - Dynamic Cornering Light Motor; Right (V319)
010 - Open or Short to Plus

Take headlight apart and inspect for water damage and clean all components and special attention to V319........most likely a corrosion bridge that is creating a back feed of current.

Farmboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304604
Thanks Jack. everything looks really clean and I am not seeing any broken wires or bad insulation. Is there a way to test the voltage coming into the adjuster motor to see if the motor is bad?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yup.......

Measure it with DVOM while doing output test but you need to qualify all the wires isolated first and if the motor is the short itself.

Farmboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304604
thanks. I was hoping to test the voltage coming into the adjuster motor to determine if it is all working to that point. I was thinking that I would set the lights to showroom effect and then turn the wheels to activate the signal to the motor. is that the correct step?

Farmboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304604
Update. Right (passenger) side headlamp assembly adaptive light defective code 02626 Dynamic Light Cornering Motor; Right (V319)

cleared fault code
turn on showroom effect
turn wheels to the left, both lights move to the left, both lights return to center when move wheels straight. Right cornering motor makes some grumbling noises (not smooth) but functions as should
turn wheels to the right, both lights move to the right, Right cornering motor works very smoothly until a certain point and the error code hits.
clear fault code
lights recenter
repeat

So it seems as if the motor is shorting due to resistance or something. took a few things apart and don't think i can disassemble the headlight to replace the motor.

I think I am ordering a new assembly from AudiUSAParts.com.

Any thoughts???

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
If you are to the point of ordering a headlight ......screw it........ take it apart & investigate.

Farmboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304604
So, bought a new headlight from audiusaparts.com. I thought that it might be the adjustment motor which is the pic with the colored wires (first pic) and this one moves the light up and down. When testing that works fine and not the code 02626. the second pic (I didn't locate the audi part number) is the motor and worm gear that moves the light side to side. as noted in my last post it wasn't working well and coded out. so new light and works fine.

Learning is that the third pic, i wasn't paying attention, is the quick disconnect for the washer fluid line that goes to the bumper. Not sure if any model can have this set up or if it is with the SLine model, but.... broke that sucker. and of course it's not very easy to get at and I'll need to take the bumper off again to try to replace this piece. not expensive, but it is a pita to get at and there's not much, at all, extra line so the bumper has to be closer than a hands width to connect (self explanatory as to the problem). (if anyone has the solution to this I'd love to hear it)

The light needs to be manually adjusted down a bit. which of the three screws do I need to adjust to drop the light?

(sorry, not experienced enough to post pics on this site. waiting for permission)

Back