Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: start up trouble

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

The app is pretty much a shell that locates the ip addresses on a network and opens it in a "webview" within the app. IOS Webview is supposed to be the same functionality as safari but it really isn't. Apple tends to update safari with bugfixes/features before they roll it into webview.

Personally, I would run it via safari. Run the app, write down the IP number and enter it in safari. VCDS-Mobile might be happier.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, i'll give that a shot and report back.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think you're right Santos - today the app seemed to have an iffy connection to the cloud, often showing "CNBS error." running through Safari didn't have the same issues in the short amount of time i spent on it. maybe now i can finally start learning how to navigate this thing!

4. Likes Santos, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, back at it today... really have to work hard and persist to get this thing running. self-tests read good as always, but this freaking Cloud is a bummer. one time it'll say "VCDS Cloud connection successful" but will just freeze on that message... another time it'll go from that message to the dreaded "CBDS failure." once in, sometimes it will ask for my Cloud login, sometimes not. Security code for a particular controller module will be rejected at first, then accepted at random... yes, i'm absolutely sure to enter it correctly and consistently every time.
    overall, this is just buggy as hell. spending an hour at a time spinning my wheels... i followed directions to a tee from another forum on enabling windows up/down control using remote key fob, and it won't take. is there an official database of "how to's" for VCDS Mobile tweaks?