Start up trouble

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

The app is pretty much a shell that locates the ip addresses on a network and opens it in a "webview" within the app. IOS Webview is supposed to be the same functionality as safari but it really isn't. Apple tends to update safari with bugfixes/features before they roll it into webview.

Personally, I would run it via safari. Run the app, write down the IP number and enter it in safari. VCDS-Mobile might be happier.

St.Hubbins

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303569
thanks, i'll give that a shot and report back.

St.Hubbins

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303569
i think you're right Santos - today the app seemed to have an iffy connection to the cloud, often showing "CNBS error." running through Safari didn't have the same issues in the short amount of time i spent on it. maybe now i can finally start learning how to navigate this thing!

St.Hubbins

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303569
ok, back at it today... really have to work hard and persist to get this thing running. self-tests read good as always, but this freaking Cloud is a bummer. one time it'll say "VCDS Cloud connection successful" but will just freeze on that message... another time it'll go from that message to the dreaded "CBDS failure." once in, sometimes it will ask for my Cloud login, sometimes not. Security code for a particular controller module will be rejected at first, then accepted at random... yes, i'm absolutely sure to enter it correctly and consistently every time.
overall, this is just buggy as hell. spending an hour at a time spinning my wheels... i followed directions to a tee from another forum on enabling windows up/down control using remote key fob, and it won't take. is there an official database of "how to's" for VCDS Mobile tweaks?

St.Hubbins

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303569
picked up an old PC laptop - do i need to pair it with the Hex Net to get setup, or just type in the URL and go?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not sure what you mean by "pair" it. If you wish to communicate via via WiFi, both the laptop and the HEX-NET have to be on the same network, either an existing one created by some other device (a router or access point) with the HEX-NET in Infrastructure mode, or the one created by the HEX-NET itself when it's in Access Point mode.

Of course you also have the option of plugging the HEX-NET into the laptop via USB. That should require no configuration at all; VCDS and VCIConfig should be able to "see" the HEX-NET if it's plugged in.

-Uwe-

Back