VW Jetta 2.5 MK5 2009 ABS Module Replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ederpereira007

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a 2009 MK5 Jetta 2.5 (SEL) and I need to change my ABS control module. The part that is installed in my car is 1K0907379AD. I know that this part number was replaced by the 1K0907379AN.

Initially I wouldn't like to buy a new one, due to it's very expensive. So, I was looking for other options that could fits with my car, and I found a seller here in my country (Brazil) with a ABS module from a Audi A3 Sportback 2010 - 1K0907379AJ (used, but in good condition and 90 days warranty).

I found two catalogues websites that confirms this abs module can be used on Jetta 2009.

https://www.jimellisvwparts.com/pro...program---------esp-/5165874/1K0907375AJ.html

http://www.oemepc.com/tvn_result/search/tvn/1K0907375AJ

So, I would like to know if I really can use this ABS module 1K0907379AJ on my MK5 Jetta 2009. (First I would like to know if the vehicle will recognize the module, after that, I'll need to perform the coding process).

Could some one help me with this information, please?

Thanks,
Eder

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Ederpereira007

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Sorry, but I didn’t tell you all history.

This car has been presenting many problems related to ABS module.

In the beginning the problems were: front right speed sensor fault, speedometer not working (only RPM), ABS and ESP light on (and blinking sometimes), steering light on, the handbrake lever light blinking and a 3 times beep repeatedly. (But all these faults are intermittent).

I know that my car has a Recall (Feb/2017) related to ABS module to reprograming and/or ABS module change. I took the car to the dealer and they performed the software updating, but 3 weeks after, the problems back again. So, I took again to ask them to change the ABS module and 10 days after the car in “analysis” they said that the problem was not related to the Recall, because the problem was in the ABS pump (??). In my opinion, they wanted me to buy a new module (in the same day, at home, I tested the pump using the VCDS and it was OK).

Last month, the problems became worst. The vehicle loses communication with the module every time, and its triggers many other failures in the other modules that’s depends on ABS module (even with the vehicle stopped).
I believe that this ABS module 1K0907379AD has a factory problem, and so it was replaced by the 1K0907379AN so quickly. I have many ‘auto-scan’ from this car, and I selected some for your analysis.

• ‘Auto-scan’ before the Recall:

Code:
Removed.   Data from Clone/Pirate copies of VCDS is not welcome here.

Code:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ederpereira007

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
• ‘Auto-scan’ after the Recall:

Code:

Code:

• And the last one, when I had an ABS module communication success and I cleaned all DTC’s.
Code:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
OP ......

I suppose you don't know you are a PIRATE right?

:banghead:

Buy a real system and get verified, to redeem your lack of credibility you have now.......... :facepalm:

NostraJackAss Hates PIRATES!

Ederpereira007

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Oh man!! :(:(

You are right. I really didn't know that. (I'm really ashamed...) :facepalm:

In reality, I got the software with a friend and he lend the cable to me (and he also introduced the Ross-Tech website to me). :banghead:

I'm so sorry about that.

How can I resolve this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back