Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A5 Lane Assist (Retrofit Mk.7 Golf)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still having no success guys. I've tried non-zero values and still no success.
    Any solutions??

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys think I need to replace the rear ABS sensors? Do you think that's causing the issue?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update:
    The ABS sensors are fine and I have managed to get it working. However, when I put the car into reverse I get errors on the dash and it switches off both blind spot assist and rear traffic alert. On VCDS I have databus errors in 3C and A5. It won't activate again until I delete the errors and switch off/back on the car.
    I think it has something to do with the error I've been seeing where the PDC module won't allow me to select A5 camera in coding. What would you advise?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update: I think I 've worked out the issue. I've got a PDC Module of 5Q0 919 294 E.
    In order for blind spot assist to work you have to have a module that is F or superior. So I'm going to scour the internet to see if I can update the software on this module, otherwise I'll have to purchase a new one.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Final Update: I went along to the VW Dealership and spent some time with a master technician and had a play with their ODIS system. It could not update the software on this module and to be honest is poor in comparison to VCDS.
    The master technician was impressed with VCDS and has said he's going to buy a lead himself as it can do more than what his system can. He told me that they have to contact VW UK for the binary coding as they're not told anything. They are told to
    Follow a fault diagnosis plan and that's it.
    Next mission to accomplish - new module!!

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^
    He's wrong. You cannot do more with VCDS than with ODIS. ODIS is very very good software but you need to know how to use it. It is a bit restricting as you need to follow Guided Functions for most of the things, but it is really easy to use.

VCDS you can do codings, adaptations easier. But basic settings are much better with ODIS. ODIS guides you through the complete process. For example, if you do brake bleeding, ODIS tells you what to do step-by-step. With VCDS you only hear pump ticking and then you need to guess what to do next.

But again, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Both tools are excellent tools but they have a different purpose.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've seen and read on these forums, what's plainly clear is that people like you and others are Far Far Far more educated, skilled and knowledged than what they teach the techs at the dealerships. I suppose it's down to the age old saying 'knowledge is power' and they probably don't want the techs to know more than they want

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's more than most of the techs have "just working here" -attitude. Techs who have genuine interest to what they are doing so that it expands to their spare time, well they are VERY rare

We are not working, or at least most of us are not working with these cars for their living, so we have time to grow a real interest. A little unfair positioning

Anyway, both are good tools, but from a slightly different angle each.

Can I ask what is the problem with your PDC module still? Are you not enable ACC in the PDC module or what? I can't do that either in my PDC 8 channel module but I haven't seen any negative in my ACC retrofit due to that.
    I have to be honest that I've thought about getting a new PDC module but haven't got around to do that yet.

10. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't add the A5 camera into the PDC module but I know it's down to it being a 'e' revision. I think it might be possible with flashing the unit with software from say a H or a K version but I'm thinking of retrofitting PLA 3.0 so I might just try that module in in one go 5QA 919 298 C. A bloke on Ali express has it with the extra sensors and ABS sensors for about $250. I think my car already has PLA abs sensors as it has factory fitted ACC.
    It's too close to Christmas to start that project so 1st thing in Jan ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    But basic settings are much better with ODIS. ODIS guides you through the complete process. For example, if you do brake bleeding, ODIS tells you what to do step-by-step. With VCDS you only hear pump ticking and then you need to guess what to do next.
    This started with Guided Functions in the VAS. Basically, VW tool the info that should (and used to be) in the repair manual and made it part of their scan tool, and now the repair manual just says: "Use our scan tool and do what it tells you".

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

13. Likes downtime liked this post