Part No SW: 5Q0 907 567 L    HW: 5Q0 907 567 L
   Component: ACC3          H10 0098  
   Serial number: 14051403090731
   Coding: 00011400FE030B
   Shop #: WSC 12345 124 12345
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ACCBoschMQB 001024
   ROD: N/A
   VCID: 44BEC25ACFD31766EE-8010

I see a few databus missing messages on some of the modules. That, like error says, indicates mismatch in communication which could be due to hardware incompatibility, too old software in the module or incorrect adaptation value. Also too old CAN gateway module can cause this.

That might cause noticeable disruption in operation. In my case when ACC retrofit was complete, it was noticed that ABS missing message errors were due to a too old instrument cluster hardware which did not support ACC graphics. So I could not change ACC distance from the stalk and also city safety was not operating at all.
When I bought and had a new instrument cluster installed and I updated the CAN gateway module software to a much newer one, all errors went away.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
In my situation I know that I need to change the PDC module which should get rid of the databus errors. If I clear them they go away but as soon as park pilot is activated the errors come back. I'm not going to attempt the retrofit of the PLA even if the module comes until after the Christmas Holidays in case I need any bits that I haven't got.
I also get an error message saying Dynamic Traffic Sign Restricted after a few mins which I've got no idea why it happens. But I think that might account for one of the errors.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Ok then. Well we'll see what happens when you change the new retrofit module. Interested to hear the results.

There seems to be a newer software to your CAN gateway so updating that is also a possibility if you still have those databus errors.

Dynamic traffic sign problem. That should not leave any error messages in the modules. I'm having that error because my map data is so old that it does not contain speed data. Newer map data should not have that problem so odd that you see it. To what mode have you set the road sign detection? Is it fusion mode? This is set in the adaptation channel of the A5 camera.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
There is no error in any modules, it's an error on the mfd. it says something like dynamic sign traffic restricted. The message goes off but the sign recognition still works perfectly. Strange error.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
I just drove the car and it did it again. Although the message doesn't stay on the dash it appears to stay as an error on the car section, in the discovery pro. I'm not entirely sure what's causing it - maybe it's due to coding on the discovery pro??

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Did you ever get the RCTA / BSM disabling when putting to reverse clarified?

I'm now in the same situation after I retrofitted BSD system to my Leon. If I set Park/Steer assist to installed in 3C lane change module, it instantly disables the BSM when putting the car in reverse. I got a tip from another forum to enable byte 3 bit 6 in PDC module. VCDS does not decipher this bit so it needs to be done blind.
I think the problem is in PDC module as I now have ABS coded for RCTA, causes no issues. PDC is an issue as soon as it's enabled in 3C. If I leave the setting for Park/Steer assist to NOT INSTALLED. Everything works just fine (except the RCTA of course).

For your car the coding for PDC module would be : 0031055001

Can you try that and see if it works? I'll try it today as well.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Hi Downtime

Yes mine is working perfectly now. The issue was with the 10 Parkhilfe module (PDC) being of an 'e' version. I figured out that you need an 'f' or higher or a PLA module. I changed the module for a PLA one and all problems went away. I didn't change the ABS sensors either as mine worked fine and no databus errors.
The traffic sign error was not fixable so I disabled it.

I retrofitted PLA as I thought if I'm going to change the module I might as well put in PLA too. Try that and see how you get on.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Ok, thanks for the info.

I don't want PLA because it is completely useless for me :) I will try the coding tip with my module. I have K version of the PDC module so it should be suitable. The PDC module is upgradeable. I had F version and did a firmware update to index K.
You have ACC so your rear ABS sensors are already fine.

The Traffic sign recognition error is because of too old maps in your system. The maps don't contain the traffic sign data so it complains about the restriction of the dynamic recognition. It is not dangerous, the recognition works good enough when the camera sees the signs.
One thing you need to make sure too is that in your 5F you need to have the PSD1.5 enabled in the coding. Otherwise it won't transmit the required data to the camera. But in addition to this the map data needs to support it as well = map data has to be new enough.

greg607

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info.

I don't want PLA because it is completely useless for me :) I will try the coding tip with my module. I have K version of the PDC module so it should be suitable. The PDC module is upgradeable. I had F version and did a firmware update to index K.
You have ACC so your rear ABS sensors are already fine.

The Traffic sign recognition error is because of too old maps in your system. The maps don't contain the traffic sign data so it complains about the restriction of the dynamic recognition. It is not dangerous, the recognition works good enough when the camera sees the signs.
One thing you need to make sure too is that in your 5F you need to have the PSD1.5 enabled in the coding. Otherwise it won't transmit the required data to the camera. But in addition to this the map data needs to support it as well = map data has to be new enough.

Hi ! I have a mk7 (nov 2016) and I retrofitted front camera. Lane assist and HBA are ok but traffic sign assist don’t working.
I have no error message but no sign display. Just a short error message when I active the option in the dashboard unit (17) but it clear quickly and after that I haven’t error message. I have all menus in my MFD and my MIB2. My car with a 3Q0980654H camera come from Poland
Have you an idea for resolve this problem ?

Thank you so much

Ps : psd 1.5 is activate in 5F and A5 unit control, my map data is recent (2019)

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Greg I'm sure we answered your request earlier. You need a genuine VCDS cable to get help from this forum. I'm sorry but we cannot help those who use competitors products and we recommend posting on their forum and getting help there.
Good luck.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moving this Retrofits, where only Verified users can post. :)

-Uwe-

PS: Greg, your previous posts got their own thread here.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I have completed the Lane Assist retrofit as well, camera has been calibrated this morning by the glass center who replaced the windshield. I got zero errors and everything is working.

I will soon attach autoscan.

oh, now I also have a heated windshield :P

Reactions: Uwe
Back