Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Registration fails on HEXNET wifi

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Can you try running the V2.241 util found here: http://vcds-cloud.com/VCIConfigV2.241.zip
    And go to File -> Network Test and tell us the results.
    It shows three ping tests, Best 31ms, Average: 33ms, Worst: 38ms. Test Result: Pass

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been saying the server connection times out, but the error is that it has stopped responding. Sorry for the confusion. I just attempted it again and got the same error.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you access VCDS-mobile from AP mode? While it's plugged in, push the red button to toggle it into AP mode, middle led should go amber. Now if you open your wifi settings on your ipad or pc, you should see the HEX-NET broadcasting its own network. Connect to the network and see if you can open it, either with the app or by ip, which should be 192.168.0.1 in ap mode.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    Iím facing a similar issue since Iíve updated to the new vcds-mobile on app store. Before I was always using hex-net in infrasructure mode using personal hotspot from iphone and was able to acces vcds-cloud this way.
    Now since the update, infrastructure mode works on home rooter, but canít get it to work on iphone. AP works on good on both home wifi rooter and iphone wifi.
    I forgot to say that when in infrastructure mode the hex-net gets to connect to the iphone through personnal hotspot (the top of the iphone screen gets blue and shows that there is a connection, but the app is not seeing the hex-net.
    Thank you for the assistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crd4me View Post
    Hello,
    I’m facing a similar issue since I’ve updated to the new vcds-mobile on app store. Before I was always using hex-net in infrasructure mode using personal hotspot from iphone and was able to acces vcds-cloud this way.
    Now since the update, infrastructure mode works on home rooter, but can’t get it to work on iphone. AP works on good on both home wifi rooter and iphone wifi.
    I forgot to say that when in infrastructure mode the hex-net gets to connect to the iphone through personnal hotspot (the top of the iphone screen gets blue and shows that there is a connection, but the app is not seeing the hex-net.
    Thank you for the assistance.
    That sounds like a problem with routing on your phone. I do not think it's the app, but rather iOS that's causing you these issues. To verify: Try a browser directly instead of using the app. If you you have the same problems with a browser, it's not the app...

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

No interface found now, post update failure.

Uwe, I'm back. I got connected to the HexNet by putting both the computer, iPad and HexNet on my hotspot. I then used the iPad to connect and download the update. It went through the process, but a dialog appeared "update failed". Since then I can connect to the HexNet either through wifi or USB, but no interface is found when I test the connection, and I only have a flashing red LED on the HexNet. I ran the LED test and while the app said it was OK, the LEDs did not change, just keeps flashing red (the single LED on the other side from the red button). I re-downloaded the VCDS application to my PC, latest version (I'd updated it when I first ran it tonight), then plugged the HexNet into the car and connected from the PC, still nothing. I'd hoped I could find a way to re-update the HexNet, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

If you recall this HexNet dates from 2014, I've not updated it since I got it. So do you have any suggestions or is my best option to return it for replacement?

7. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrobin View Post
    If you recall this HexNet dates from 2014, I've not updated it since I got it.
    Yeah, that one is just a wee bit behind.

BL to update from 24 to 28;
    CFB to update from 9 to 10;
    CB to update from 4123 to 4409;
    FW to update from 214 to 254;
    DS to update from 0x30 to 0x50;

So do you have any suggestions or is my best option to return it for replacement?
    E-mail us (Support@...), confirm your return shipping address, and we'll get you an RMA. I'm confident we can beat it into submission here.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    RMA ticket generated for when pgrobin emails us.

RET?ID=5399
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Email sent

12. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Package Sent

You should have received the return yesterday, I sent it Tuesday from Hanover, Md.

Email sent