Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hex v2

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

hex v2

As I am very new to forums and Vcd's I wonder if someone could answer 2 quick fire questions. 1) if I get a message stating ( no response from controller ) would I take that to mean I do not have that module installed in my car and 2nd if my hex v2 cable is ( flashing Green then red ) when doing an output test would I be correct in assuming the flashing off the lights on cable means it is talking to the Car . Thanks in advance .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1) It means VCDS can't talk to that module. It may not be present, or it may be in a coma for some reason. What kind car do you have and what module did you experience this with?

2) Yes, alternating red/green indicates active communications.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2009 Audi S3 and i was trying to access module 46 . Plus i was trying to do an output test on module 22 ( AWD ) as i keep getting a Haldex fault ( if i mind 00448) and all cable does is flash green then red

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Can wen get you to post an Auto-Scan please?

I can tell you whether you should have a 46 based on what your 09 module looks like.

As for the Haldex, I'd like to see what "flavor" of it you have before I speculate about it to any degree.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can i get back to you later about my problems due to me now offshore in North Sea getting some oil to keep folk in Scotland warm in the winter .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ch1z64 View Post
    Can i get back to you later about my problems due to me now offshore in North Sea getting some oil to keep folk in Scotland warm in the winter .
    Sure.

Try to stay warm and dry in the meanwhile.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Uwe , carrying on from our last conversation b4 i went offshore , now i have returned and av a autoscan that i did earlier where you can see the Haldex fault , the strainer has been cleaned and oil changed codes cleared so cant understand why this fault keeps coming back . Plus it looks like i have mod 46 installed but can't connect too it http://s892.photobucket.com/user/mac...=recent&page=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Please post a real Auto-Scan, not a link to a picture of some scan data.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok will do but finfing it very hard to find away to post a pic , read sticky about posting pics thats why i did photobucket link . Tried that imgur link but can upload but cant find link to send to you .

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    And stop using photobucket They don't allow 3rd party 'hotlinking' anymore so basically you'd have to go to the photobucket site, everytime you want to see a photo. That's a bit... annoying. I'd recommend something like imgur.com

11. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post