hex v2

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
As I am very new to forums and Vcd's I wonder if someone could answer 2 quick fire questions. 1) if I get a message stating ( no response from controller ) would I take that to mean I do not have that module installed in my car and 2nd if my hex v2 cable is ( flashing Green then red ) when doing an output test would I be correct in assuming the flashing off the lights on cable means it is talking to the Car . Thanks in advance . :banghead: :banghead:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
1) It means VCDS can't talk to that module. It may not be present, or it may be in a coma for some reason. What kind car do you have and what module did you experience this with?

2) Yes, alternating red/green indicates active communications.

-Uwe-

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
I have a 2009 Audi S3 and i was trying to access module 46 . Plus i was trying to do an output test on module 22 ( AWD ) as i keep getting a Haldex fault ( if i mind 00448) and all cable does is flash green then red

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can wen get you to post an Auto-Scan please?

I can tell you whether you should have a 46 based on what your 09 module looks like.

As for the Haldex, I'd like to see what "flavor" of it you have before I speculate about it to any degree.

-Uwe-

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
Can i get back to you later about my problems due to me now offshore in North Sea getting some oil to keep folk in Scotland warm in the winter .

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can i get back to you later about my problems due to me now offshore in North Sea getting some oil to keep folk in Scotland warm in the winter .
Sure.

Try to stay warm and dry in the meanwhile. :)

-Uwe-

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
Hello Uwe , carrying on from our last conversation b4 i went offshore , now i have returned and av a autoscan that i did earlier where you can see the Haldex fault , the strainer has been cleaned and oil changed codes cleared so cant understand why this fault keeps coming back . Plus it looks like i have mod 46 installed but can't connect too it http://s892.photobucket.com/user/macaudi/library/?view=recent&page=1

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
Ok will do but finfing it very hard to find away to post a pic , read sticky about posting pics thats why i did photobucket link . Tried that imgur link but can upload but cant find link to send to you .

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
And stop using photobucket ;) They don't allow 3rd party 'hotlinking' anymore so basically you'd have to go to the photobucket site, everytime you want to see a photo. That's a bit... annoying. I'd recommend something like imgur.com

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Yeah all of my old VW Vortex threads are dead links due to photobucket. I figure Google is in all of my business (regardless of the settings I choose) on my Android devices so I let Google Photos update/back-up all cell screen shots and photos automatically. Their photo-linking urls aren't too bad and it is easy enough to upload from PCs.

We really do need the plain text scan though. That'll tell us if your car has a PQ35 BCM -or- the older module configuration where 09 and 46 were entirely separate.

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
right lads I went to your choice off picture posting web site and here is what I got after I uploaded my autoscan ( https://imgur.com/upload ) so I hope it is there as I followed what the site said , I tried it myself and there is nothing there so I tried to upload again but it keeps saying uploader failed , so me thinks I need to find another picture hosting site could you recommend any others please thanks

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
right lads I went to your choice off picture posting web site and here is what I got after I uploaded my autoscan ( https://imgur.com/upload ) so I hope it is there as I followed what the site said , I tried it myself and there is nothing there so I tried to upload again but it keeps saying uploader failed , so me thinks I need to find another picture hosting site could you recommend any others please thanks
Uhm.. An Auto-Scan is text, not a picture. I'm not surprised that imgur.com does not handle text gracefully. ;)

-Uwe-

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
i think Dana has answered my question about why i couldn't get into mod 46 even though i have it listed as i have the ( PQ35 BCM ) in my car which i gather integrates both into Mod 9 . But i am still getting the fault in Module 22 , i will hope fully be able to upload the auto -scan later today at some point

Back