Noob looking to retrofit.

KeeganMcc

Reaction score
Hi guys, the names Keegan. Just recently got my Golf R 2015 plate, immaculate condition and i'm in love. Good mileage for the age so all is good.

I've seen the new MK7 Facelift R with the Active Info Display & the new larger Touchscreen Display. I want it. Desperately. I've been reading around for a while now wanting to know if it's possible to retrofit, and it seems it very much so is. I have a shed load of questions to ask if anyone who has done this can answer. I had read here http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?11189-Retrofitting-Active-Info-Display-in-Golf-7 and that individual seemed to have done it. Looking very good too.

I've collected part numbers but not too sure which ones I would need, so if anyone has the exact ones that would be very much appreciated! Pricing is also fine by me so i'm ready to get this started!

1.How do I find what MIB my car has?
2.Retrofitting MIB1 to MIB2 is possible, and if I have MIB1 can someone point me in the right direction?
3.I know there is coding to do, but unfortunately I'm putting most of the money towards to parts and can't justify shedding that amount of money for the VCDS kit, would I be able to pay someone who can do it for me?

I know this is very vague and might leave you wondering why a pure newbie like me is wanting to do such a large task, but I really want those additions to my car. And i'm willing to go through whatever I have to do in order to get them fitted.
I'm based in Redditch, but can drive Birmingham area is anyone has a garage that could do it or a person in contact.

Thanks guys

EDIT: Thought I'd add the thread about changing MIB1 to MIB2.http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31600

KeeganMcc

Reaction score
What cable would I need in order to do an Autoscan? Not sure if I've mentioned, but I have no idea what i'm doing really. I'm hoping to learn, and then create a step-by-step guide for individuals like me to follow. Do I need to buy a Ross-Tech VCDS kit? Or can I just buy a standard cable to do an Autoscan? Thanks for the quick reply!

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
For any chance of assistance on this forum, genuine Ross Tech cable with genuine Ross Tech software.

KeeganMcc

Reaction score
As stated in my initial post, most of my funds are going on the components itself.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
As stated in my initial post, most of my funds are going on the components itself.
You're still going to need to spend at least £225 on a genuine interface though, or the conversation may as well stop here.
You'll need an interface to make the coding changes later after all.

Reactions: Uwe

KeeganMcc

Reaction score
Which one should I buy then?

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
If you're buying for the one car, the 3-VIN HEX-V2 should be fine. That's around £225 from all the UK stockists.
If you want to cover lots of cars, you'd need to consider the 10-VIN or unlimited interfaces.

See this thread.

KeeganMcc

Reaction score
It would be just mine. Thanks for the input. Once I've ordered the HEX-V2 i'll back with what @iichel mentioned. Thanks!

Back