2009 Polo 6R automatic light retrofit

Boumbo02

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Dear Ross-Tech community,

I own a 2009 Polo 6R Confortline 1.6TDI DSG7 since new (12/2009).
I ordered it with the automatic wipe (with rain light sensor) and I would like now to retrofit the automatic light.
The car is originally setup with a Body Control Module (BCM) Nr 6R0 937 087 D.
I have bought the stuff and manufactured an additional wiring harness with two relays, a mini plug to fit the new light switch and the connectors to the BCM (pin 1 and pin 37).
I have bought an used BCM Nr 6R0 937 088 F and I intend now to swap it with the original one to be able to set it up with the automatic light.
I have followed the tutorial to swap the BCM but, when plugging the battery again after BCM replacement, there is no CAN link with the VCDS and the Gearbox is the only recognized module.
Finally I tried to train myself to setup the remote controls on the original BCM (as I will have to do it on the new one) but I did not found this option in the Central Electric Module Adaptation list moreover the confort and central locking modules are not readable with the VCDS.

My questions are multiple:

- Can somebody confirm me if the BCM Nr 6R0 937 088 F is able to manage the automatic light? (if not, which BCM numbers can?)
- When swaping the BCM, how shall I do to configurate de CAN Gateway Module installation list, the CAN Gateway Module code and the Central Electric Module code as the CAN does not link with the VCDS?
- What is the easiest way to setup the remote controls on a swaped BCM?

Thank you for your help.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Boumbo02

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
The following is the Auto-Scan with the original BCM 6R0 937 087 D :

Code:
Removed.   Data from clone/pirate copies of VCDS is not welcome here.

I didn't save the Auto-Scan with the the BCM 7H0 937 088 F .
I will do it again and post the report later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boumbo02

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Dear all,

Here is the autocsan in English with VCDS 17.8 of the car with original BCM 6R0 937 087 D:

Code:

Concerning the faults found, I have an explanation for the two firsts:

Code:

=> this is an old fault that remains even if I try to clear it, it was an air-conditionning item that has no effect on my point of view.

Code:

=> I had to manually unlock the rear left door from the handle inside of the car just before auto-scanning the car.

Concerning the auto-scan or of the car with the new BCM 6R0 937 089 F:
Unfortunately, when plugging the new BCM 6R0 937 089 F, it is impossible to log the VCDS on the CAN Gateway.
When testing the Port an protocol of the VCDS, the system replies : "CAN : Not Ready"
Then it is not possible to launch the autoscan of the car installed with the new BCM 6R0 937 089 F !

What do I have to do to be able to access again to the car with VCDS when installed with nthe new BCM 6R0 937 087 F ?

Thanks for yoru help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
ZYJh90K.jpg

Back