VCDS not start

ikara

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=302492
Hi,usually after restart laptop must again install VCDS because want start,reinstall win not help,clean WIN7 without any other program,antivirus and so,use only for VCDS,IBM X61T,thx.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Open Task Manager and click on the Processes tab.

Then try to start VCDS. Does VCDS appear in the process list?

-Uwe-

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Hi Ikara :)

Try to turn off wi-fi on lap-top, then start VCDS. Tell us result, please. ;) :thanks:

ikara

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=302492
Ok friend,will try that, and nothing show up in Task Manager,regards

Ps. Happy birthday Bojan

ikara

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=302492
Hi Ikara :)

Try to turn off wi-fi on lap-top, then start VCDS. Tell us result, please. ;) :thanks:

same my friend,nothing happend and nothing in Task Manager,

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Makes no sense to me.

-Uwe-

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Thank you for congratulations. :thumbs: Have you tried another PC?

Reactions: Uwe

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
Unfortunately I can confirm this happens sometimes me too, it started maybe 3years ago. Since then I changed my just for diagnostics used notebook several times, did a dozen reinstalls of various OS through different editions of 7 to current 10, did another dozen upgrades of VCDS, changed cable from HexCan to HexNet... And it's still happening:
From time to time, clicking VCDS icon on the desktop does nothing noticeable - just the Task Manager shows the VCDS process eating 50-60% CPU. If you wait 2-3 minutes the app windows appears. But who has time to wait these days :cool: So I kill the VCDS process, then launch VCDS again and the main VCDS windows appears in a fraction of second. I always wonder what's the magic behind and what are the tasks VCDS does between starting the app and main windows appearing on the screen.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Igor, that's got to be the check for VCDS updates. Is it possible Windows sees you're connected to a network, but its connection to the internet is very slow/unreliable? The Windows network timeout API for those cases is very poorly implemented and sometimes our workaround for that deficiency isn't enough. It's on list to look at, but as you've observed it's "from time to time" so not easy to reproduce.

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Aah, that explains a couple of things to me, Eric. I've noticed this behaviour extremely rarely before, so rare I put it down to atmospherics or an 'R' in the month. But one time specifically was when I had already connected to my HN as an AP; and the first VCDS session didn't want to start. It must have been trying to contact the mothership - but obviously couldn't through the HN.

So many versions ago and so rare I can't recount exactly when. :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That was why I asked ikara to see what's in Task Manager. If VCDS is stuck trying to check for updates, it should be visible in Task Manager. Since it's not for him, I don't think that's what's going on in his case.

-Uwe-

ikara

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=302492
That was why I asked ikara to see what's in Task Manager. If VCDS is stuck trying to check for updates, it should be visible in Task Manager. Since it's not for him, I don't think that's what's going on in his case.

-Uwe-

Hahaha,my VCDS scared from you,after my post here VCDS start everytime,and its true, nothing in Task Manager,next time i will make video,thx.,best regards

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We recently had some other reports from Europe where VCDS would not start.

In those cases, it the problem was a nannyware program called "BitDefender".

Any chance this is installed on your computer?

-Uwe-

ikara

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=302492
no,i never used any virus software (if you belive me),here is clean install win7 pro on lenovo x61t,
last time after a couple days using VCDS start working normal,but from some reason my virtual keyboard stuck so i reinstall it,now i have same situation,that is no so big problem as is my vcds stucking "not respond",i use it over WiFi,disatnce is short because i seating in car,

Back