Carplay/Android Auto activation/update in Audi A6 C7 2015 (post-facelift)

AMBSC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=233374
Hello all!

I've heard that Audi A6 & A7 MY2017 (2016 maybe?) got Apple Carplay and Android Auto (as an option, at least).

And I've heard that it would be possible to put them in MY2015 and MY2016 - which, like in my case, originally don't get - since they have MMI 4G

Don't know how much of this is true, neither how much is retrofit or tweak. Just found this, but it doesn't make clear if it's software or hardware change, or both, or just adaptation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-POBguvYK8s

http://www.oem-eftermontering.se/aktivera-carplay-andriod-audi-a4-a5-a6-a7/

Any ideas? If necessary, I can paste an auto-scan later.

Cheers.

oswalde2000

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261530
Hello all!

I've heard that Audi A6 & A7 MY2017 (2016 maybe?) got Apple Carplay and Android Auto (as an option, at least).

And I've heard that it would be possible to put them in MY2015 and MY2016 - which, like in my case, originally don't get - since they have MMI 4G

Don't know how much of this is true, neither how much is retrofit or tweak. Just found this, but it doesn't make clear if it's software or hardware change, or both, or just adaptation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-POBguvYK8s

http://www.oem-eftermontering.se/aktivera-carplay-andriod-audi-a4-a5-a6-a7/

Any ideas? If necessary, I can paste an auto-scan later.

Cheers.

I emailed the second link before. He's quoting 800 Euros for remote activation and 500 Euros if you send him the MMI head unit.

DJAlix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=238277
Your A6 and A7 would need to have MIB2 and be a MY17 vehicles. Officially activating remotely is possible but would require the remote end to have a VAS interface. Its not possible to activate Audi Smartphone interface on "benched" units as the process requires said unit to be error / DTC free. Sounds like your 2nd link guy is "hacking", in which case both remote and bench activations are possible but you can kiss goodbye to any related Audi warranty. He / She is mega expensive also as even an official activation is cheaper than that lol

Edit: Pricing example... I have a pending activation on an A6 Avant, total cost £300.00

Last edited:

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Software or not, if FEC sees VIN is not from specific range, it might not enable the function.

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
There are more guys, who can do it. (on facelifted A6/A7) without possibility activation CarPlay/Android Auto from Audi dealer.
It costs from 150 to 300 USD.
There is necessary to update the software in MMI. (there is no hardware difference between unit with and without carplay)
SW in EU should be MHI2_ER_AU57x_P3634 (not source where download it)
SW in US should be ...K3324 (there is source in mega for download it)
Not sure about Carplay Activation itself, it shoud be done via DLINK USB-ETHERNET adapter. Should be nice if someone made here some script for SD card :-) But someone in US can try it ...
I think that dealer activation should be paid, but we are here on internet for free advices :-)

Here is link:
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/860600-C7-5-2016-A6-(and-others)-CarPlay-Android-Auto-Activation-DIY-Guide

And these steps:
Procedure
Bottom-left, Top-left buttons listed below are the ones surrounding the rotatory wheel

Format your SD card with Fat32
Extract all files to SD card from RAR file - (such that you end up with a lot of folders are at root of the card)
SD card with files to SD1 slot of car
Turn on ignition (not the engine)
Press Radio
Hold Back + Bottom-Left buttons for 6 seconds - Green menu appears
Tick the following option: production -> rcc_prod -> swdl_prod
Press Radio
Hold Back + Top-Left buttons for 6 seconds - Red menu appears
Click update -> SD1 -> User defined
Click Update on bottom right
Enter into Bose6416A_P. Click All -> NONE -> All (if you don't do this, your Bose audio will not work until you get it fixed by a dealer)
Press back and verify that N is written next to Bose6416A_P
Scroll down all the way and click Start Update -> Start
Wait until the process completes. Will reboot several times.
In the next list that appears, scroll to bottom and click Resume -> Cancel version compare
Wait until the process completes. Will reboot several times.
If MMI is turned off at this time, press Start button to turn it on. Don't start engine.
Reboot MMI by holding for a second or two Menu + Rotary Control + Top-right button
Enjoy CarPlay or Android Auto

There remain 2 errors.
I am waiting for someone who will be so kind, have knowlege and made activation script :-)
Also EU version link of SW is welcome :-)

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
I already have the firmware for EU version, where can be activated Carplay, is here someone who is able to make script or DIY for activating via Telnet? I put then the link for others...
THX

nirvananils

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289109
Script is not possible but I can do it remotely for you

Rizzio

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369124
The latest sw for eu is now K3663, and you cant just activate the carplay, you need som remote helt doing that, but i got eu sw files

Goran M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=406662
Hi guys,

I am also interested in activating CarPlay on my Audi A6 (manufacturing date 07.04.2016). I have contacted official Audi service a week ago for estimation on the work and price, but still have not received a response. If I am not mistaken I have MIB2, here is the train version from MMI:

Train version: MHI2_ER_AU57x_S2519
MU software: 0389

I did update MMI to the latest version available (as part of 3 years support).
However, I do not have Smartphone interface in MMI menu, so I guess I will need to have a firmware update for EU unit?

Any help / info is welcomed... In this thread I have posted VCDS log if required.

Last edited:

vastechnics

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=143747
I can do by remote but need dlink or ttl

Back