Support for Polo 6C

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Wait, this is the module with no software part number?

I'm not real surprised VCDS gives up on that. :p

-Uwe-

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521

I'm not real surprised VCDS gives up on that. :p

-Uwe-

:( guys at the vw dealership asked for a steep price of ~355 Euros ... given up on upgrading it ... been looking online at alternatives ... would be more or less the same to just change the BCM ... found out about ODIS, that could deal with Flashing ... is there any way to get my hands on the flash file ?

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn

Yes, as detailed in Post #2. ;)

:( guys at the vw dealership asked for a steep price of ~355 Euros ... given up on upgrading it ... been looking online at alternatives ... would be more or less the same to just change the BCM ... found out about ODIS, that could deal with Flashing ... is there any way to get my hands on the flash file ?

I would be surprised if you (as an individual, not a car repair business) could legally get yours hands on ODIS. Please understand that we won't help you with that.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
VCP is also an option for flashing. And that you can legally buy as an individual.

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
I am still curious about something ... if I can easily read / write adaptation channels ( as you can see in my other thread, under Retrofits ), why can't I generate an ad-map ?

I understand the experimental long coding issue, since it's not able to read BCM's PN, but still, the adaptation channels work just fine. Surely there must be a way to get that fixed.

** The guys at VW dealership said there's no BCM software update for my VIN ... therefore they're not going to do anything ( so I'm left with no options here )

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I am still curious about something ... if I can easily read / write adaptation channels ( as you can see in my other thread, under Retrofits ), why can't I generate an ad-map ?
Because VCDS bases the filename for the map on the software part number. Since your module refuses to provide a software part number, it gives up.

We've been doing this for 17-1/2 years now and I don't recall ever having seen a module that doesn't provide part number. We've seen some strange ones (generally ECUs that tuners have had their way with) but never nothing at all.

-Uwe-

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
OK, so i'm left with changing the BCM afterall ..

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
VCP is also an option for flashing. And that you can legally buy as an individual.
And a lot of other tools (programmers) for work with MCU's, Flash, EEPROM etc directly.

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
@Uwe, somehow, at some point, during the last upgrades, can't tell which exactly ( it was before v18 anyway ) it looks like you guys figured out a way to do the impossible ( "Since your module refuses to provide a software part number, it gives up." ). Admaps come out just fine now, from the same BCM which hasn't been tampered with since my last post.

Thumbs up!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
@Uwe, somehow, at some point, during the last upgrades, can't tell which exactly ( it was before v18 anyway ) it looks like you guys figured out a way to do the impossible ( "Since your module refuses to provide a software part number, it gives up." ). Admaps come out just fine now, from the same BCM which hasn't been tampered with since my last post.

Thumbs up!
Post a current Auto-Scan please?

-Uwe-

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Post a current Auto-Scan please?

-Uwe-

Not sure you got my message. It used to give me an error ( as you can see in the picture posted inside the first post ) but now, it works just fine, so, GOOD JOB!
You gave me no hope saying my BCM was faulty, but somehow in the recent updates, something's changed.

Thanks a lot!

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Not sure you got my message. It used to give me an error ( as you can see in the picture posted inside the first post ) but now, it works just fine, so, GOOD JOB!
You gave me no hope saying my BCM was faulty, but somehow in the recent updates, something's changed.

Thanks a lot!
The reason he was asking for a new Auto-Scan, is to find out if a) your BCM suddenly fixed itself or b) your BCM is still confused but VCDS suddenly started being okay with it. Given the unique nature of your problem, it's worth knowing the answer, to make sure the problem will stay fixed for you.

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
My BCM is surely still confused as the long coding still cannot show anything but experimental descriptors.

I’ll post an autoscan on Friday when I get back home.

Reactions: Uwe
Back