Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
^^^^^

ZYJh90K.jpg

Ah come on lets watch some ball flat earth shit too while we are at it right Artie? :cool:

Scifuckedup fiction is fun........or it's going to sleep to YouTube episodes of Threes Company again, because I can't watch any news channel right now.

The sky is falling is getting old real fast.......

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
All of the major computer models are passing the storm over coastal Georgia as of the 5:00 PM storm reports.....
Is that the models based on the discredited hockey stick model, or other more credible models also?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Ah come on lets watch some ball flat earth shit too while we are at it right Artie? :cool:

The Ball Earth conspiracy theorists (and their cousins the Intelligent Design/Young Earth supporters) *do* provide a function in our society...comedic relief while SNL and their Trump-bashing is on a summer production break! :D

On the storm preparation front, the power line crews that my wife works with had a huge mutiny today. A bulk of the linemen walked off the job, burning their return bridge thinking that there will be months/years of work down south after the storm passes. The latest comedy^H^H^H model runs are agreeing on a track up the spine of Florida (*) :D into central/western Georgia away from the coast. As a glimmer of good news, the storm is down to a cat-4 and the central pressure is up to 927 mb as of the last statement.

(*) Florida is soooooo flat that its "spine" is a joke. The third-highest peak in all of Florida is allegedly Space Mountain at Disney World.....

Reactions: Uwe

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Lost in the mainstream media's Irma hype was another odd event of nature. There was a massive solar flare a few days ago, and it triggered the northern lights all the way south into Arkansas! With a ~95% full moon, spotting them even in higher northern latitudes (on our ball Earth) :p is difficult because of the light pollution.....

http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=138954

http://spaceweathergallery.com/full_image.php?image_name=Brian-Emfinger-IMG_7222_1504837635.jpg (won't embed as an image)

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
You can't make this stuff up.... :facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-gun-owners-encouraged-apos-213111921.html

Florida gun owners encouraged to 'shoot the storm' and fire their guns at Hurricane Irma

Harriet Alexander
The Telegraph
September 8, 2017

A Florida man who suggested shooting guns at Hurricane Irma out of "stress and boredom" has found that his idea has captured peoples' imaginations - with over 46,000 signing up to join in.

Hurricane Irma is due to hit Florida on Saturday, and the state is currently experiencing the largest ever mass evacuation due to a hurricane in American history.

But Ryon Edwards, 22, came up with a novel way of amusing himself during the storm: firing bullets into it.

He started a Facebook "event", and as of Friday evening 46,000 people say they are interested.

"A combination of stress and boredom made me start the event," he told the BBC.

"The response is a complete and total surprise to me.

"I never envisioned this event becoming some kind of crazy idea larger than myself. It has become something a little out of my control."

Graphics suggesting how to shoot at a hurricane have sprung up online, with the suggestion that if you fire correctly the bullet might not come back and kill you.

Since Mr Edwards came up with his "masterplan", other similar Facebook pages have been created - including one suggesting using flame throwers to scare away the storm.

"It's time we took a stand against this bully!" reads the event description. "This is our home, nobody drives us out of our own territory.

"Join me in this fight as we shoot flames at Hurricane Irma and dissipate her on the spot."

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Looks like Irma is Petering out and now down to a CAT 3

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Looks like Irma is Petering out and now down to a CAT 3
That was due to being partly over land in her encounter with Cuba. She's going to pick up energy again from the warm waters in the Florida straits. People on the west coast of Florida are gonna have a bad time.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I'm still putting my money on a quick westerly jog that drops it on New Orleans and not Florida. Obviously, god hates Mardi Gras. :p

FWIW, my family members have made it from the GA coast to about an hour out of their evacuation hotel near Atlanta as of a few minutes ago. Zero traffic so far, but I gave them a routing hint that avoids I-75 into ATL because it is also the primary FL west coast evacuation route.

For those keeping score at home, GA started contra-flow on I-16 at 8:00 AM, which is the red circles east of Savannah on Google Maps/Traffic:

20170909151338-cab9f93f.png

(For those who don't know what contra-flow is, the state closes the "incoming" divided highway lanes and lets outgoing evacuees pretend that they are driving in England for the day to essentially double the available lanes to move traffic faster.)

At the moment, I-26 out of Charleston is open and green according to Google.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
At the moment, I-26 out of Charleston is open and green according to Google.....
IMO, Charleston is too far north and east to take on much damage from Irma. She's gonna be 250-300 miles west of there by the time she gets that far north, and will have been over land for at 200+ miles at well, which will have taken away most of her bite.

This one has been really difficult to run from. A few days ago, it looked like Savannah - Charleston could have been the place where she made landfall. But those who headed west (inland) from there actually ended up closer to where she seems to be going.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Speaking of having a conscience and plywood.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/truck-driver-says-giving-away-012700771.html

Truck Driver Says Giving Away Plywood in Irma's Path Got Him Fired: 'I Was Just Being an American'

Deborah Hastings
Inside Edition
September 14, 2017

Truck driver Tim McCrory says he knew that giving away his load of plywood during Hurricane Irma would get him fired.

But he did it anyway.

“I went into it knowing I was going to lose my job,” he told InsideEdition.com Thursday night. “Because I was giving away something that wasn’t mine. But the people in Florida needed it to protect their homes.”

The long-haul driver was ferrying 960 pieces of plywood to a Home Depot in Zephyrhills, Fla., on Friday.

He blew a tire in a southbound lane of Interstate 95, as seemingly everyone in the state was on the northbound side, trying to get out as Irma churned toward Florida.

It took seven hours to get the tire fixed, he said. When he pulled into the Home Depot lot, it was past 9 p.m. and the store was closed and boarded up to ride out the storm. The night manager was just leaving, McCrory said, and told him he would have to come back Tuesday.

So the driver called his company’s dispatcher and delivered the news. He was told to take his load to Atlanta, he said. He decided to catch a few hours’ sleep in his cab.

He was awakened about 2 a.m. Saturday by a police officer banging on his window. McCrory explained the situation, and the cop said taking the rig to Atlanta was not a good idea.

There were also a lot of people in town needing the plywood, the officer said.

"I was ready to give it up, 100 percent," McCrory said of his load. "I got kids of my own. I’m a family man. If I was in their situation, I’d want somebody to do that for me."

About 20 officers and McCrory began unloading the unwieldy sheets by hand at about 2:30 a.m., he said. Police department employees contacted residents by phone in the suburban enclave outside Tampa.

“They said, ‘If you need plywood to board up your house, come and get it. It’s a small town and everybody knows everybody. They got the word out,” McCrory said. “There was just a line of cars. The storm was coming and it was coming fast.

“The wind was starting to pick up, you could see the clouds swarming, and it was just an eerie feeling,” he said.

For nearly four hours, with nary a cross word or pushing or shoving, the plywood was handed out to residents. “Nobody took more than they needed,” McCrory said. “We protected about 150 houses.”

Resident Tracy Dillon Drew established a GoFundMe page for McCrory when she learned he had lost his job.

“I cannot explain the sense of community I felt with those of us who were lucky enough to not just receive plywood, but [to] also receive a much more important gift... compassion.”

Drew wrote she has kept in contact with McCrory since he left Florida and started the fund to help him as he looks for a new job.

McCrory said he informed his superiors about giving away the wood and was told, “We’re going to have to let you go.’ I told them ‘There was a Category 5 hurricane coming. Home Depot was closed. People needed that plywood.'"

“They said it wasn’t mine to give away,” he said.

An email sent after hours Thursday by InsideEdition.com to the trucking company, Western Express, wasn’t immediately returned.

“I was just being an American,” he said. “And I was trying to be a good American.”

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
235459_current_wind_sm.png

235459_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This storm doesn't know where the hell it is or how it got there.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
This storm doesn't know where the hell it is or how it got there.[/QUOTE]

A couple of days ago, the European model had Jose taking a hard left "Hurricane Sandy hook" (not to be confused with [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook"]Sandy Hook[/URL]) and going straight into NJ. Now, it has Jose doing a loop and coming back towards NJ/NYC/Sandy Hook. Interesting that Suffolk County on Lawn Guyland is under a tropical storm watch..... :popcorn:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Jose is going to loop back and hit us.....
Statement of fact? About the weather? More than a week out? What are you, a climatologist? :p

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Statement of fact? About the weather? More than a week out? What are you, a climatologist? :p

From the NYC National Weather Service Area Forecast Discussion at 12:02 PM:

"There is a lot of uncertainty in the forecast of Jose late this week into this weekend. Subsequent forecast could very well have changes. Stay tuned for official track and intensity forecasts regarding Jose from the National Hurricane Center."

I don't get my weather news from The Global Warming^H^H^H, er, I mean The Weather Channel, :p but will throw in a footnote that Kelly Cass was born/raised here.

Given that all of the weather outlets are calling for sunny and 25+ degree temperatures (boy, did I pick a bad week to give up imperial measurements!) for the next 7 days, :) you can take it to the bank that it will be making an extra-tropical landfall as "Superstorm Jose" just to prove all of the forecasters wrong.....

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Man, Puerto Rico can't catch a break this year. Another strong Category 5 is hitting the opposite side from Irma now.

For most of us though, it doesn't appear it's going to make landfall in the US.

Reactions: Uwe
Back