VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I replied to the email regarding this HEX-NET and copied Detlef. I will make arrangements to get the SD card taken care of. In the meanwhile my additional suggestions to Patxi included using another USB wire to see if the results change when using VCIConfig and VCDS while wired. I also put that interface on the Beta Channel to see if it will accept a higher CB level.

-Dana

CB to update from 4411 to 4417;
DS to update from 0x46 to 0x55;

Patxi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=299523
Thank you very much in deed Dana and the rest of the staff.

Everything worked fine (no more than 15 min) with my printer USB A to B wire (I hope it'll work next time). I think HEX NET provided original wire is at least as good as the one I've just used but I can check them if you want.

Pls, send me any other tests I can do to decide whether the device is correctly set up or needs a new SD.

Have a nice day.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! We are in the process of sending your distributor an order containing special pre-formatted SD cards. When he receives them, I want to make sure one is sent to you. I suspect it was malfunctioning and may do so again.

I'll send the setup instructions in reply via email so you have the steps when you receive the replacement card.

Next, the USB wire could be to blame. We want to rule that out if you continue to have update problems. I would reinstall the original HEX-NET wire for now and if needed swap them back over again in the future.

Patxi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=299523
As I've said on my last e-mail, thank you all the team (Dana, Uwe, Detlef Trap and the rest of the support team members).

Just a couple of questions sent to Dana, before the card arrives trying to avoid any mistake due to confusion.

Looking forward to getting my HEXNET new SD Card. I have to use my device and this way I'd work in a more relaxed way without the doubt of any kind of malfunction on my own car.

Patxi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=299523
Dear all support members and forum readers,

since last update of my HEX-NET it seems something has changed.

It's the 1st time ever I can hear a chirp when I push the red button and a long beep if I keep the button pushed for, at least, 45 seconds (it means reboot the device to its factory default functions).

Thank you for anything you've improved. It seems it works as you wrote it should have done before.

dene97

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325643 (NRRT)
I'm thinking it probably just needs a new SD card.

-Uwe-

Hello.
I am getting the exact same errors and timeouts as patxi has screenshot. I've spent the last 3 weekends unsuccessfully attempting to get this thing to work properly. I finally borrowed an older vagcom from a friend to adjust my timing. Do I need to send my unit back for repair/upgrade?
Thank you,
Derek Mercer
HEX-NET HN1-011653

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hello.
I am getting the exact same errors and timeouts as patxi has screenshot. I've spent the last 3 weekends unsuccessfully attempting to get this thing to work properly. I finally borrowed an older vagcom from a friend to adjust my timing. Do I need to send my unit back for repair/upgrade?
Thank you,
Derek Mercer
HEX-NET HN1-011653
Since you're in the US, that's probably the easiest thing to do. I think you already sent an e-mail to Support yesterday (Saturday)? I'll let them make the final call when they're in the office.

-Uwe-

Znippie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328489
I have the same issue as Paxti, cant upgrade my firmware. Only way to even get into the Interface config is Shaun`s tips with 10 sec hold after plugin, otherwise its just flashing red. Also have the no rods, error 8, building SD update, get ds ver timeout issue. I live in Norway, i guess its not just as easy to ship this one in for an update?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have the same issue as Paxti, cant upgrade my firmware. Only way to even get into the Interface config is Shaun`s tips with 10 sec hold after plugin, otherwise its just flashing red. Also have the no rods, error 8, building SD update, get ds ver timeout issue. I live in Norway, i guess its not just as easy to ship this one in for an update?
Interesting. The update server thinks you have current software (CB, FW, etc), just that the VCDS-Mobile DS is old. The first thing I would suggest is to use VCIConfig to put the interface on the Beta channel for updates to see if that will kick-start things.

-Uwe-

Znippie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328489
Interesting. The update server thinks you have current software (CB, FW, etc), just that the VCDS-Mobile DS is old. The first thing I would suggest is to use VCIConfig to put the interface on the Beta channel for updates to see if that will kick-start things.

-Uwe-
Thanks for the reply!
I tried the beta channel, it gave me a timeout error and "channel switching failed"
7DSSBck.png

I can add that the program crashed during the latest firmware update (did it last night) so it might be a issue where it thinks that the interface is having the latest CB, FW etc, but that it actually dont?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hmm, I just tested channel switching here and it's working fine for me, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

However, I have another means to change the channel and have set it to Beta for you.

If you still can't update it, I'm going to have to defer until Shaun is available tomorrow.

-Uwe-

Znippie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328489
Hmm, I just tested channel switching here and it's working fine for me, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

However, I have another means to change the channel and have set it to Beta for you.

If you still can't update it, I'm going to have to defer until Shaun is available tomorrow.

-Uwe-

Uwe, you just made my day!
It worked, i finally was able to update my firmware. It also works as a charm on one of the cars.
Thanks alot! First class customer service right there, on a sunday.

Back