HEX-V2 software periodically freezing using UDS

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Thanks. Mailed to support@ debug and log files for 2 runs with 1024 debug option on.

Unfortunately I didn't realize that VCDS concatenated both runs into one debug file - that's why it is huge :facepalm:. And there doesn't seem to be obvious point where second debug starts in the file. Originally planned just to have a short run and mail the results. But continued after the first one to gather more data in case the first one fails to glitch.

Anyways, seems that it made it's way through :confused:... at least I haven't received reject note...

Confirmed same issue, the "Turbocharger 1 turbine inlet; temp. sensor 1 bank 1; raw value" result sometimes confuses VCDS with regards to the "Lambda value at inlet of particulate filter". I'll mull on it :)

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Try this:
http://download.ross-tech.com/VCDS/download/tmp/VCDS-x64-171004.rar
I'm pretty happy with this new idea; it should cure all your issues and is even more efficient than before. Let me know if anything looks wrong, but I did quite a bit of testing already.
Yep. A lot better :). I did three runs, total of 13551 lines each 12 measuring values with same setup as before. I found one (1) glitch similar to what saw before. Unfortunately it was in first run when I didn't yet have the debug on :(

Reactions: Uwe

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Yep. A lot better :). I did three runs, total of 13551 lines each 12 measuring values with same setup as before. I found one (1) glitch similar to what saw before. Unfortunately it was in first run when I didn't yet have the debug on :(
Oops..:confused: Well, just being back on-line noticed that there was a firmware update for HEX-V2 (CB: 0.4409.4) which has an improvement related to grouped requests. So, the previous runs were with CB: 0.4408 = the exact same setup as a few weeks ago.

I'll do another run with updated one soon...

Reactions: Uwe

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Oops..:confused: Well, just being back on-line noticed that there was a firmware update for HEX-V2 (CB: 0.4409.4) which has an improvement related to grouped requests. So, the previous runs were with CB: 0.4408 = the exact same setup as a few weeks ago.

I'll do another run with updated one soon...

I did a run. Recorded probably just one glitch at time stamp 1232.73 sec in total of more than 160 ksamples - not too bad :) - emailed the debug files to support@ross-tech.com - if interested...:confused:

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Here: http://dltemp.ross-tech.com/VCDS/download/H0Ad6n/VCDS-Beta-17.11.1-Installer-RC0.exe
This one took quite a bit of thinking, but I think I've found a way to prevent VCDS from being confused when the data for a given identifier is the same as the identifier itself :facepalm: which is what was happening for your lone glitch with the O2 sensor. Again, I truly appreciate all you've done to help us come this far compared to the original glitches (and freezes) :thumbs:

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Here: http://dltemp.ross-tech.com/VCDS/download/H0Ad6n/VCDS-Beta-17.11.1-Installer-RC0.exe
This one took quite a bit of thinking, but I think I've found a way to prevent VCDS from being confused when the data for a given identifier is the same as the identifier itself :facepalm: which is what was happening for your lone glitch with the O2 sensor. Again, I truly appreciate all you've done to help us come this far compared to the original glitches (and freezes) :thumbs:
While you were working on my debug file, I did another run of 30+ minutes using old setup just to gather more data just in case... and noticed two glitches in that run. So it was quite rare event already then.

First thing in the morning I downloaded the installer and updated also HEX-V2 firmware to CB:0.4410.4 as instructed by the installer. I did two runs, each 32+ minutes. Total of 24820 lines, each 12 measuring values. Not a single glitch :) and all the values seem to carry plausible values. Thanks again :thumbs:

jonixins

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151647
Hello.
Is this 17.12 beta fw update issue is connected with some kind of my vcds status due to this thread?

vcds-fw-update.png

vcds-test.png

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Your HEX-NET is not set to Beta Channel. Click the advanced tab and select beta and press change channel. Once changed, Check for updates.

VCIConfigChannelChange.png

Back