After firmware update, the interface does not connect "INTERFACE NOT FOUND"

Rafał

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC410363 (NRRT)
I know that the same topic was here on forum, but I can't write there.

I have VCDS with RS232 and after firmware update I have a message "Interface not found".

I tried 4 different USB-RS232 adapter and a lot of configuration.

I kindly ask you to help me ?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Try connecting directly an RS232 port not via a USB-RS232 adapter.

AFAIK Ross-Tech don't support use via a USB-RS232 adapter.

Rafał

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC410363 (NRRT)
Try connecting directly an RS232 port not via a USB-RS232 adapter.

AFAIK Ross-Tech don't support use via a USB-RS232 adapter.

Hi,

thank you for your reply. But I don't have computer with native RS232. It's always works and the problem comes after update.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Try a genuine FTDI adapter and make sure you set latency time as shown here:

FTDI-VCP-Options.png

-Uwe-

Greg Elmassian

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=53943
Recent Windows 10 update killed a lot of drivers, as well as the FTDI anti-clone driver update could be the issue as you indicate.

May not be the issue, but worth noting.

Greg

Rafał

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC410363 (NRRT)
Hi,
Thank you for answer. Yes, I saw these screen before I wrote on forum. I tried this parameters few times, but it still not working. Now I'm not sure what firmware I have. Maybe I need another VCDS version? Or the latest in Poland (http://www.vag-com.pl/index.php?mod=site&id=15) 17.1 should work ?

Rafał

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC410363 (NRRT)
Recent Windows 10 update killed a lot of drivers, as well as the FTDI anti-clone driver update could be the issue as you indicate.

May not be the issue, but worth noting.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your interest in the topic. I tried also on another laptop with windows 7 and nothing.

Is there a way to check the firmware number?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Rafał;104906 said:
Is there a way to check the firmware number?
Without communications to the interface? No.

You need to do eliminate variables here. Find a computer with an actual RS-232 port to see if the interface works as designed. If so, you know the problem is with your converter(s). If not, then the interface has failed.

-Uwe-

Rafał

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC410363 (NRRT)
Without communications to the interface? No.

You need to do eliminate variables here. Find a computer with an actual RS-232 port to see if the interface works as designed. If so, you know the problem is with your converter(s). If not, then the interface has failed.

-Uwe-

I checked on native RS232 and it's the same. Unfortunately I did not have the option to connect the interface to the car.

Any ideas what could happen to the interface?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Serial interfaces need to be powdered on the OBD2 side. You would need a car or bench setup (car simulator).

Rafał

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC410363 (NRRT)
Serial interfaces need to be powdered on the OBD2 side. You would need a car or bench setup (car simulator).

Hi,
thank you for your answer. I used DC power supply. PIN16 +12v and PIN4 - minus. LED from yellow comes to green, but interface still not found.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Rafał,

The interface sounds like it failed. HC410363-A8 dates back to 2008 but it is not registered for Support with us. If you purchased that interface directly from Adako please fill out this form:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vca/hex-com-reg.php

At that point we can offer you flat rate repair and Upgrade options directly -or- you can contact your distributor to avoid international shipping costs. If you don't have a Long Serial Number to enter into that form please let me know and I'll get you something to paste in.

If you purchased that interface used please let us know.

Reactions: Uwe

Rafał

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC410363 (NRRT)
Hi Rafał,

The interface sounds like it failed. HC410363-A8 dates back to 2008 but it is not registered for Support with us. If you purchased that interface directly from Adako please fill out this form:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vca/hex-com-reg.php

At that point we can offer you flat rate repair and Upgrade options directly -or- you can contact your distributor to avoid international shipping costs. If you don't have a Long Serial Number to enter into that form please let me know and I'll get you something to paste in.

If you purchased that interface used please let us know.

Hi Dana,

thank you for your answer. Yes, we bought it directly in Adako, I tried to find invoice, but it's was about 10years ago. I don't have Long Serial Number. Could you let me know about cost of repair ? Adako is closed to 06.09.2017

Have a nice day :-)

Best regards
Rafał

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Rafał;105109 said:
Could you let me know about cost of repair ? Adako is closed to 06.09.2017
I have no idea what Adako charges for repair or direct replacement, but I imagine whatever it is, it will be cheaper than paying for round-trip shipping to us in the USA. Our charge to repair or replace (our choice) a HEX-COM+CAN is $119, but that does not include shipping. It's also not going to be faster than waiting for Adako to open again next week.

Another thing you might want to consider at this point is to trade it in against a modern interface. We have programs for that, and I would suppose Adako does too.

-Uwe-

Back