The NostraJackAss make a reality wish thread.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
...unless of course they don't believe in the same god you do, then it might be OK to do that.

...as well as use them as slave labor to build your pyramids. :D

If this section of the forum wasn't publicly searchable by Google, I'd tell you all about my afternoon on The Mall in Washington, DC having fun listening to the twisted logic from busloads of Jerry Springer^H^H^H Falwell supporters doing a protest.....

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Which tenets do you mean? Basic morality, sure. Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff -- unless of course they don't believe in the same god you do, then it might be OK to do that. But the rest? I don't see it.

No!! But I agree that religions try to claim IP rights for tenets such as basic morality and kindness to fellow humans -however, these fundamental canons are not owned by the teachings of deities. These "values" are owned by humans - regardless of whether they are religious, or spiritual, or aethiest!!;)

What I'm referring to is teachings like the need for deities to be prayed-to, the concept of the ledger-book that can balance good and bad deeds, the idea that stuff happens after death and that the religion provides the conduit to this afterlife, the notion that believers must subjugate their thinking processes to the instructions of a priest (who has a special relationship with the deity), the concept that the deity has/does take physical form (as an animal, or human), ......... and lots more!

And yes, " they don't believe in the same god you do" - the tenet that the one religion knows it all and that every other view of the deity is somehow inferior, or wrong, or ought to be annihilated in the name of the God!

Fact is that if you look at the basic structure/tenets of all religions, you see the same patterns -regardless of their origins! To me it's this fact that is the revelation - it's not the stuff that the religion preaches!! The question is - why?

Don

Reactions: Uwe
Back