The NostraJackAss make a reality wish thread.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
yeah aside from performance differences, there are different lighting (ie LED's etc), sunroof as noted, bigger multimedia screens, more individual options you can choose, slightly updated platform mk 7.5/8 or whatever is current now.

I ASSume that the e-Golf's LED headlights are federalized. Would they bolt right in?

It's like the US is a couple years behind euro, and it seems like all we get is the left over scraps from a couple a years ago.

I prefer to use the mold analogy. When a mold is made, there are a finite number of parts that can be pulled from it. As it ages, the parts start to lose their quality.

In their German factories, VW uses the molds for up to 75% of their projected lifetime. Then, they carefully pack them into crates, ship them to Puebla (build that border wall dammit!) Mexico, and they are used to make the inferior North American cars. :D

Consumer advice to any North American VW buyer - run (don't walk!) away from any potential VW purchase with a May build date. More than one person has reported cars that feel like a Cinco de Mayo hangover with May build dates..... :)

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
I want to go deep sea fishing.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Okay so I bought a mega millions ticket and lost the .5 billion but I bought a power ball ticket, so lets see if I can make those wishes come true.

;)

Everyone cross your fingers!

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
The lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math. :D

Actually, it does serve a purpose in society. It gives the downtrodden masses the hope that they can take a shortcut to improve their miserable lives without having to work for it, which prevents them from rising up and overthrowing the ruling class. It is sad that it targets the people who can least afford to throw money away...because they're bad at math..... :D

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You assume it is a lottery ticket........... :cool:

Indeed the mega and power ball were a loser but I had too........

No one will complain when NostraJackAss is successful because he is very giving..........but like Pepperidge farms cookies he never fuckin forgets!

Operation cupcake will have a dual list ...........cards for the ones that can come and cards for the people that are informed that they are forbidden.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
That's not the point. I could have easily bought the tickets before they sold out...but cannot make the actual trip to use them without an overwhelming amount of pre-planning for IV infusion stuff out-of-state that I can't possibly pull off without a fixed launch date and cashing in a lot of favors. :cry: Ten years ago, I would have been racing all y'all to the NASA Causeway gate from home. Reference post #5 in this thread.....

1381599553_CheneyHeart-1.jpg

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Regarding lotteries and losing money; there is in fact a very nice read on mathematics and geometry in real life called 'How not to be wrong' and there is a nice story where two competing 'gangs' of math headsfrom universities buy thousands of lottery tickets every month to actually make money.

unashamed advertising --> https://www.amazon.com/How-Not-Be-Wrong-Mathematical/dp/0143127535

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Regarding lotteries and losing money; there is in fact a very nice read on mathematics and geometry in real life called 'How not to be wrong' and there is a nice story where two competing 'gangs' of math headsfrom universities buy thousands of lottery tickets every month to actually make money.

unashamed advertising --> https://www.amazon.com/How-Not-Be-Wrong-Mathematical/dp/0143127535
There are some lottery games in which the "expected return" can occasionally be over 1.0. These are generally games with prizes that are cumulative. When nobody wins on one round, the prize for that round gets added to the next round. The more rounds that pass without a winner, the better the odds get.

But the for normal lottery games, forget it.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Hope is important .............as is creative imagination and compassion for all!

What is a dish best served cold?

Sometimes wishes come true and WORD's can be taken to the BANK of undue redemption?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hope is important .............as is creative imagination and compassion for all!

What is a dish best served cold?

Sometimes wishes come true and WORD's can be taken to the BANK of undue redemption?

Jack: The entire gambling industry (in any country) is predicated on the single attribute of hope.

May I suggest that you adopt my "religious" approach to lotteries - which goes something like this:
In the physical world anyone can win a lottery by simply buying a ticket! But in the existential world of religion, lotteries provide the opportunity for proof of a deity through a miracle.

So, I have vowed to convert to a religion when I win a lottery. But the miracle part of my religious conversion is that my lottery win must happen without me buying a ticket! I've been waiting for a long time and I remain an agnostic, still !!;)

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Beliefs are important for people...... as is hope or a wish goal!
I believe in giving ........sometimes I give people shit, sometimes I give them help......all depends on what is given first and of course, if I even have the ability to help to start with.

Then I refer or request more information ........or just say I can't help because I am unable .....this being I don't Know Everything!

Helping people does feel good though............

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
May I suggest that you adopt my "religious" approach to lotteries - which goes something like this:
In the physical world anyone can win a lottery by simply buying a ticket! But in the existential world of religion, lotteries provide the opportunity for proof of a deity through a miracle.

^^^^^ Santa Claus for adults! ^^^^^

Religion - They can't all be right...but they can all be WRONG!!!!! :D

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
.....but they can all be WRONG!!!!! :D

vreihen: I think that the answer is yes!! It all depends on how the collective consciousness works (yes, pretty deep stuff)!

Haven't you pondered the question of how it is possible for nearly every religion across this planet to believe ostensibly the same tenets? Some of these religions are based on primitive cultures that had no interaction with their neighbors - yet their religious beliefs were similarly structure. Odd isn't it? Of course, those blessed with faith would say that the homogeneity is proof of the existence of (their) God. But there are logical arguments that may suggest otherwise!

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Haven't you pondered the question of how it is possible for nearly every religion across this planet to believe ostensibly the same tenets? Some of these religions are based on primitive cultures that had no interaction with their neighbors - yet their religious beliefs were similarly structure. Odd isn't it? Of course, those blessed with faith would say that the homogeneity is proof of the existence of (their) God. But there are logical arguments that may suggest otherwise!
Which tenets do you mean? Basic morality, sure. Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff -- unless of course they don't believe in the same god you do, then it might be OK to do that. But the rest? I don't see it.

Back