Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: EV Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/comp...ure-15814.html

Converted into 'Murica units, that's about 250 miles in 20 minutes. Sounds reasonable for using the bathroom, getting a snack, and stretching before hitting the road.
    Charging that fast is really hard on Li-ion batteries.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Charging that fast is really hard on Li-ion batteries.
    That sounds like a Porsche warranty problem, not a customer problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msjulie View Post
    Uwe you knew what I meant, elapsed time != speed road-trip aside . I love a good road trip too and yup most EV's won't do that marathon run. Most people don't have that in them though.
    When I was younger, I'd do 1000 miles in a day, no problem. My record is ~1150. But now, as I've gotten older, 600 is about all I'm willing...

Quote Originally Posted by msjulie View Post
    Folks think I'm preaching and if I were, it's the wrong crowd for sure. Any contrary to some comments, not trying to say EV's are all perfect. If you haven't driven a good one, you are missing out though.
    I think pure EVs are great for local use, i.e. commuting, grocery getting, and so on. However, I also think the current obsession with range that the manufacturers have gotten into is misplaced because the battery capacity necessary to achieve it also makes the cars unaffordable, thereby reducing adoption for the uses to which they are best suited.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That sounds like a Porsche warranty problem, not a customer problem.
    Depends. How long is the warranty? I'd be pretty pissed if the battery needed replacing soon after the warranty is up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Depends. How long is the warranty? I'd be pretty pissed if the battery needed replacing soon after the warranty is up.
    Renault in the UK lease the battery in the Zoe EV so when the lease runs out you have to start a new lease for a new battery https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...KEBy4pBLHQHI9o

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Renault in the UK lease the battery in the Zoe EV so when the lease runs out you have to start a new lease for a new battery https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...KEBy4pBLHQHI9o
    Kudos to Renault for acknowledging (and making it obvious to consumers) that these batteries have a limited life.

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by D-Dub; Today at 11:04 AM.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.greencarreports.com/news...odays-car-news

European electric-car sales, VW charging network heads to Canada, and Tesla police cars: Today's Car News

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........