hvac coding mismatch? climatronic or climatic??

Rob Owen

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
So my hvac unit on my 2.0 170hp tdi passat b7 is a climatronic unit, not the bidirectional climatic as I'm aware. The hvac control module says that it's climatronic but on the engine module the code is for bidirectional climatic hvac installed. The long coding helper shows that climatronic is an option but i can't change to this. Is this normal?
The hvac doesn't work and I'm booked for a new compressor. I don't want to go for that though if it's just a coding issue.
Is this mis match normal? Can anyone check theirs for me?
Best regards all.

Last edited:

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
So my hvac unit on my 2.0 170hp tdi passat b7 is a climatronic unit, not the bidirectional climatic as I'm aware. The hvac control module says that it's climatronic but on the engine module the code is for bidirectional climatic hvac installed. The long coding helper shows that climatronic is an option but i can't change to this. Is this normal?
The hvac doesn't work and I'm booked for a new compressor. I don't want to go for that though if it's just a coding issue.
Is this mis match normal? Can anyone check theirs for me?
Best regards all.
how we would know that if only you know what you have ?
no autoscan , nothing.

Rob Owen

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Code:
Removed.   Data from pirated versions of VCDS is not welcome here.

- so is there a problem with my HVAC? As stated before, the engine module is coded for Climatic, not climatronic.

The garage want to fit a new compressor as they said this one is broken and that they can see a problem physically, like a sheared bolt or something. Should I be worried?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Owen

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
in my defense, I had no idea it was pirated, the computer belongs to a VW mechanic who works for VW in a britain branch. I will ask him about it!

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
so far .....so bad ;(

Back