how reset airbag after 2009 Tiguan radio swap??

gads1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310555
hello -- (my first post -- so apologies in advance).
I recently upgraded the RNS510 rev "A" stereo in 2009 Tiguan to later RNS510 rev "E" that includes A2DP Bluetooth, etc.

I am now in heaven.

Unfortunately, the removing the stereo dash trim involves removing the "passenger airbag" notification display (to access torx screw immediate behind).

I read various times to disconnect battery before disconnecting the "passenger airbag" display, but I made mistake during the R&R procedure and unplugged airbag light with battery connected. Now I have Airbag fault. This potential issue was fully detailed in vxvortex forum on the radio upgrade.

So -- what do I do now? I used Ross-Tech Hex-v2 to reset airbag sensor but that didn't do anything .

what are my options? Is this something only for dealership?

to repeat: nothing has happened to airbag system other than I disconnected the dash passenger display with battery connected. see fault below.

thanks -GA

1 Fault Found:
01578 - Airbag Deactivation Warning Lamp; Passenger Side (K145)
009 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 10101001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 110153 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 00:01:16

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Have you done the following?

[Select]
[15-Airbags]
[Fault Codes]
[Clear Codes]

-Uwe-

gads1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310555

gads1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310555
sincere thanks. this was the solution. I'm obviously a noob (but was following directions). thanks!! -GA

Have you done the following?

[Select]
[15-Airbags]
[Fault Codes]
[Clear Codes]

-Uwe-

Reactions: Uwe

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
hello -- (my first post -- so apologies in advance).
I read various times to disconnect battery before disconnecting the "passenger airbag" display, but I made mistake during the R&R procedure and unplugged airbag light with battery connected. Now I have Airbag fault. This potential issue was fully detailed in vxvortex forum on the radio upgrade.

This has nothing to do with battery connected. You can have battery connected and you can unplug the airbag light indicator, even airbags to your hearts content as long as YOU DON'T TURN ON THE IGNITION while they're unplugged. That is most likely what you've done.

I've removed numerous seats, radios, gloveboxes, steering wheels etc. which all have plugs that are related to airbag systems and I've NEVER had airbag light on unless I've accidentally turned on the ignition while these are unplugged.

Back