Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New to forum and already asking questions :-)

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    New to forum and already asking questions :-)

    I have a 2014 VW Tiguan Comfortline and just recently I installed the OEM hitch with electronic module. I encountered some difficulties in coding the engine module in VCDS.
    Canway 19 coding and Trailer -69 module went ok but when I select 'Trailer Installed' under Byte 6 in the engine module coding I get the 'Error 31' message and coding is not accepted.
    I wonder what to look for and how to resolve this. Any help is much appreciated. I have the autoscan and screen shots but unfortunately I can't include them here due to my status.. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    13,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I have the autoscan and screen shots but unfortunately I can't include them here due to my status.. Thanks.
    Sure you can. Please see:
    How to Post an Auto-Scan
    and
    How to Post Pictures.

    -Uwe-

    PS: You're also Verified now.
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

  3. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Engine module coding for trailer hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Sure you can. Please see:
    How to Post an Auto-Scan
    and
    How to Post Pictures.

    -Uwe-

    PS: You're also Verified now.

    Danke Uwe!

    I posted info under 'Retrofits' but nobody answered my requests for help....
    Cheers!

  4. #4
    VCDS Distributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I posted info under 'Retrofits' but nobody answered my requests for help....
    See here and wiki notes here.

  5. Likes Uwe liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •