2002 A4 CCM issues

Mrhsides1989

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305881
I just noticed those now, I've been so caught up with my ccm causing issues that I didn't want to start digging around with other components until I fix the main issue concerning me. I will toss it on a trickle charger and see how it does. As for the battery it has no date on it, says Audi original and has a bunch of German on it. I'm guessing it's pretty damn old hah

Last edited:

Mrhsides1989

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305881
I just finished my semester of school and have owned the Rosstech cable for 4 days. Now that I have some time I will start to eliminate the issues one by one but unless a warning or CEL came up in the past I wasn't all that concerned nor aware for that matter.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I don't think the RNS-E existed in 2002.

Only 8Es with a heavy equipment load have a K2 line. Cars with lesser equipment have 56-Radio on K1. I went through all of the cars I could find on my local dealer's lot with a VAG-1552 and VAS-6017 to find one with two K-lines back in the fall of 2001. I'm not sure it's 100% indicative, but the strongest correlation I could find was whether the car had Xenons or not.

-Uwe-
Good point, AFAIK the RNS-E first appeared in 2003 on 2004 models (I still have an original map DVD with 0050 firmware) and my 2003 8E S4 had an RNS-D (did that also use K2?) - I was trying to think of some modules(s) that used the K2 line...

Mrhsides1989

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305881
well I finally found the broken wires in my door harness. I no longer have any fault codes on my scan. I still cant program my new remote to my car for some reason. I've attempted the adaptation process numerous times but when I read channel 21 it will not allow me to enter a new stored key value. Anybody else had issues programming their new remote? Thanks guys

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I still cant program my new remote to my car for some reason. I've attempted the adaptation process numerous times but when I read channel 21 it will not allow me to enter a new stored key value. Anybody else had issues programming their new remote? Thanks guys
Are you sure you're using the correct procedure for your car?

-Uwe-

Back