Just in time for Father's Day Weekend

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I'm currently in US and i must say this holiday gets celebrated big around here compaired to my home.

I can't belive how many "#1 DAD" mugs i have seen. And Donald Trump ones too :D

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Uwe: quick question -please.

Can you explain a bit more about "experimental" data- where does it come from - what's its pedigree? At a quick glance - it looks like the kind of data that comes-up when "other" diagnostic devices show their long coding screens (I could be wrong). Why does this data need to be "verified" and what are the "risks" if this data is used??

Don

EDIT: ........and one more question - please. I was able to pull up the new "yellow" background dialogue box for the BCM on my test bench (it's excellent - lots of new bit functions explained!) with my HEX-NET, but there is no option for using these screens when I connect my HEX+CAN cable to my test bench. Is this meant to be so?

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can you explain a bit more about "experimental" data- where does it come from - what's its pedigree? At a quick glance - it looks like the kind of data that comes-up when "other" diagnostic devices show their long coding screens (I could be wrong).
Right, *they* have never bothered to do much in the way of review and verification.

Why does this data need to be "verified" and what are the "risks" if this data is used??
Well, it's less risky to use descriptions that people have actually tested, and/or have been found in multiple places, right?

EDIT: ........and one more question - please. I was able to pull up the new "yellow" background dialogue box for the BCM on my test bench (it's excellent - lots of new bit functions explained!) with my HEX-NET, but there is no option for using these screens when I connect my HEX+CAN cable to my test bench. Is this meant to be so?
Yes. At least for the time being, this data is available exclusively to users of current generation interfaces.

-Uwe-

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Happy Fathers Day everyone............. :rolleyes:

Having breakfast with The Inspector (aka: Jack's father)? Did you even call him? After your mother's day message, surely you have something even more sinister in mind for your old man.....

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Having breakfast with The Inspector (aka: Jack's father)? Did you even call him? After your mother's day message, surely you have something even more sinister in mind for your old man.....

Yes Artie I called the old man first thing this morning at o'dark thirty.

I offered breakfast, lunch or dinner at his discretion.

Probably will go over and storm troop him into something at some point today.

No where near the level of contempt for my dad that there is for "MOTHER"...........he is just a PITA.

Back