Thread: Just in time for Father's Day Weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just in time for Father's Day Weekend

Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm currently in US and i must say this holiday gets celebrated big around here compaired to my home.

I can't belive how many "#1 DAD" mugs i have seen. And Donald Trump ones too
    Volkswagen Golf MKV 2.0TDI-8V 4MOTION MY2007Some of the work I've done and cared to make a picture.
    Our webpage and Facebook page Heads up, it's in Estonian language.
    The world is my oyster...

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe: quick question -please.

Can you explain a bit more about "experimental" data- where does it come from - what's its pedigree? At a quick glance - it looks like the kind of data that comes-up when "other" diagnostic devices show their long coding screens (I could be wrong). Why does this data need to be "verified" and what are the "risks" if this data is used??

Don

EDIT: ........and one more question - please. I was able to pull up the new "yellow" background dialogue box for the BCM on my test bench (it's excellent - lots of new bit functions explained!) with my HEX-NET, but there is no option for using these screens when I connect my HEX+CAN cable to my test bench. Is this meant to be so?
    Last edited by DV52; 06-17-2017 at 02:19 AM.
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Can you explain a bit more about "experimental" data- where does it come from - what's its pedigree? At a quick glance - it looks like the kind of data that comes-up when "other" diagnostic devices show their long coding screens (I could be wrong).
    Right, *they* have never bothered to do much in the way of review and verification.

Why does this data need to be "verified" and what are the "risks" if this data is used??
    Well, it's less risky to use descriptions that people have actually tested, and/or have been found in multiple places, right?

EDIT: ........and one more question - please. I was able to pull up the new "yellow" background dialogue box for the BCM on my test bench (it's excellent - lots of new bit functions explained!) with my HEX-NET, but there is no option for using these screens when I connect my HEX+CAN cable to my test bench. Is this meant to be so?
    Yes. At least for the time being, this data is available exclusively to users of current generation interfaces.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

6. Likes DV52, Boki Ar liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Fathers Day everyone.............
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Happy Fathers Day everyone.............
    Having breakfast with The Inspector (aka: Jack's father)? Did you even call him? After your mother's day message, surely you have something even more sinister in mind for your old man.....

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having breakfast with The Inspector (aka: Jack's father)? Did you even call him? After your mother's day message, surely you have something even more sinister in mind for your old man.....
    Yes Artie I called the old man first thing this morning at o'dark thirty.

I offered breakfast, lunch or dinner at his discretion.

Probably will go over and storm troop him into something at some point today.

No where near the level of contempt for my dad that there is for "MOTHER"...........he is just a PITA.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........