Parking Lights OFF with Terminal S OFF

Drive

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=177241
MFCJM82.png

Is this possible on MK7 Golf? I want my parking lights to turn off when I shut down the engine. I have KESSY so parking lights remain on until I open the door...

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
MFCJM82.png

Is this possible on MK7 Golf? I want my parking lights to turn off when I shut down the engine. I have KESSY so parking lights remain on until I open the door...

Drive: In the BCM on my mk7 there is an adaptation channel titled Driving light and parking light-Standlicht aus bei LDS=ABL und S-Kontakt aus which I'm reliably informed by Mr Google translates in English to Driving light and parking light - parking light out from LDS = ABL and S-Contact

Now, LDS is what VW calls the rotary-light-switch and ABL is (I think) the German Abblendlicht (or Dipped headlights) and S-Contact is the switch inside the ignition key lock that detects when the key is inserted.

So, IMHO there is sufficient correlation in the name of this adaptation channel with elements of the long coding descriptor for Byte 15, Bit 5 in your picture for it to be a worthy contender as a solution - I think.

I suggest that you investigate the setting for this channel on your BCM. If it's currently set to active - try changing the value and see what happens.

Don

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe
Back