Ross-Tech Wiki

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Hi guys/gals.

There are a lot of codes on Ross-Tech Wiki.

e.g.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16787/P0403/001027

That says:

Possible Solutions

Check Fuse(s)
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18)
Check/Replace Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18)
Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

Surely you check the component with Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) before you Check/Replace Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18)?

As I've said before there are a lot of codes Ross-Tech Wiki that aren't found that I have in my VAG Fault Codes app.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Keith, if you look closely the "check mvb" is a subsidiary point, which is part of checking the N18. While we do provide an order how to approach this, there is still some expectation that the user is able to differentiate and decide themselves what is best and how to approach it.

As far as "your app" goes, what are you talking about exactly? Does that app have DTC translations or actual repair information? Please keep in mind, the WIKI is updated based on customer feedback. It is not our intent to add codes/translations w/o any details as to the symptoms/suggestions. There are also plenty of codes which are literally self-explanatory.

Reactions: Uwe

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
I've sent Uwe and Dana on 08-13-2014 a link to my old EOBD II Fault Codes app but Uwe never replied, Dana did. I've changed the name of amy new app VAG Fault Codes as it only covers VAG error codes.

When I first joined this forum in my Intro I said I had EOBD II Fault Codes app with a link to MTD.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?354-New-User-Keith

Ewe edited the post and removed the link as he doesn't want users having to join a forum just to access a download link.

I've said before this forum doesn't have an attachment link (as all other forums have) where I can add a simple text file, so I have to post the link.

Back