Hello from Poznań, Poland + A6 C6/4F CC retrofit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwyrol

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals (presumably, there are female members here)!

I'm the second owner of a 2006 Audi A6 (C6/4F) 3.2 FSI Quattro, sedan body, in Poland.
While the car is great (aside from the typical VAG and model problems - heat exposure of DI control wiring, A/C compressor, and the BT module in MMI) and has lots of convenience and tech options its original buyer stinted (curiously enough) on... cruise control.

This is why I decided to retrofit my ride with one. Getting a CC control stalk was easy (and cheap, 15 USD or so), ditto the wiring and the bottom cowl of the steering column.
So, I supposedly have all the parts I need for this project, but the crunch here is the proper wiring connections and onboard computer coding to enable CC control.

Unfortunately, Ross-Tech has no write-up on a CC retrofit for A6 4F. :( This is why I (with a certain sense of awkwardness!) decided to post my problem in the New User forum section.

From what I have researched so far, I need to fit the new wire as follows: fit the gold pin plug in chamber 5 of the steering column module connector, route the wire from there to the large white combo connector on the fire bulkhead beneath the panel in the LEFT footwell (this is a LHD vehicle, FYI) and insert the other end's goldpin into chamber 10. Obviously, there is no factory cable from chamber 5 to chamber 10 along this section.

Now, what's worrying me, is that there MIGHT be no cable from white combo connector on the engine side of the LH bulkhead to RH bulkhead computer module combo connector. Some people who have done the retrofit posted online that this cable might be missing if CC was not factory wired per purchase order on the vehicle.

1) What is exactly the pin assignment of the engine side of the white combo connector, LH (driver's side) and the RH side computer on the bulkhead (engine side too)?
2) Does the 3.2 FSI (2006) ECU require long coding (byte 06 Special Functions II, bit 0 Cruise Control installed), and if yes, how is it done?
3) Do I need to remove the steering wheel with the airbag module (unplug the wiring from the airbag), and will the airbag fault code require a reset with the VCDS? What about any ESP codes that might come on?

I'm basically waiting on good weather, with all parts and tools in hand.

Zwyrol

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Here it goes.

Code:
Removed.  Data from a pirated copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwyrol

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Here goes.

Never mind the batt errors - it was resolved (badly seated bulbs or something).
Mind this: this auto scan report was NOT generated by my VCDS. I'm still considering buying one (and, of course, I have no piratey-arr-arr copy in use!).

Code:
Removed.  Data from a pirated copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwyrol

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Oh damn.
So the guy who last read the codes has a pirated VCDS? Which I had no prior knowledge of?

This is embarrassing. o_O

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Oh damn.
So the guy who last read the codes has a pirated VCDS? Which I had no prior knowledge of?

This is embarrassing. o_O
Yes, I imagine so. If I were you, I would have some words with him. ;)

-Uwe-

Zwyrol

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Well, honestly, I came here with a project to retrofit a CC.
I guess I'd go to the same guy for coding the CC stalk in the onboard systems - since the last time he did an auto scan (the one attached), I surely didn't know what in the world a legal PC to OBD interface for VCDS would look like, and I really paid no real thought to it.
Knowing it now (looked up the pics)...
He must have used some Chinese copy of the interface with a legacy version of VCDS. :| How cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back