Thread: Immobilizer 2 vs immobilizer 3

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Immobilizer 2 vs immobilizer 3

I have a 2000 jetta and the computer has died. I have an identical 2003 that has same engine, transmission and options. I do not have and codes for the keys. What I am trying to find out is can I swap out the cluster, keys and ecm. If so what programming will need to be done. Just trying to get it running again for my daughter. Trying to see if immobilizer wiring is the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belalerede View Post
    I have a 2000 jetta and the computer has died. I have an identical 2003 that has same engine, transmission and options. I do not have and codes for the keys. What I am trying to find out is can I swap out the cluster, keys and ecm. If so what programming will need to be done. Just trying to get it running again for my daughter. Trying to see if immobilizer wiring is the same.
    When you say "computer" do you mean the ECM?

If so, why not get a used one? It's trivial to match a replacement ECM to an Immo-2 car; no security ("PIN") codes required.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    When you say "computer" do you mean the ECM?

If so, why not get a used one? It's trivial to match a replacement ECM to an Immo-2 car; no security ("PIN") codes required.

-Uwe-
    Because I'm a cheapskate. Lol. And if I can just swap it out I'll have more money to do some other repairs.